Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Best LF accessories?

Cool Re: Best LF accessories? Meteredlight.com

The meter is the Pocket spot, by meteredlight.com.

I have had it for three years or so, and it is what I carry. Not as fancy as the Pentax, and expensive, I think I paid $400 for it, but I don't use anything else except as backup.

It measures 2x2.25x 0.75. weighs 4.5 oz.

they were pretty hard to get up with for a while, dunno if they are even in business now.

Re: Best LF accessories?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    Funny though, I've been upside down and backwards so long that every time I use a reflex camera I get dizzy and disoriented, lol.
    Actually - contrary to what one might think... it's not at all about orientation - that doesn't affect composing too much - but what's awesome about reflex hoods is that you can see the whole image clearly and brightly and simultaneously... as well as spot any issues in the image far far more easily. What was once a 15 minute setup under the gg becomes one minute.

Quote Originally Posted by JW Dewdney View Post
    Actually - contrary to what one might think... it's not at all about orientation - that doesn't affect composing too much - but what's awesome about reflex hoods is that you can see the whole image clearly and brightly and simultaneously... as well as spot any issues in the image far far more easily. What was once a 15 minute setup under the gg becomes one minute.
    With the reflex hood on my 4x5 Technika, all the ground glass I can see clearly is the part lined off for a 6x7 back -- the rest is really out of my usable field of view. Too bad they don't make a binocular viewer.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

"What do you consider the best recently developed LF accessories? "

This forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JW Dewdney View Post

Having long hair and being a bit annoyed by anything brushing the top of my head is the main reason I purchased my first reflex viewer while a student 20+ years ago. Since then, I have grown to appreciate it for the reasons stated above. I do however take it off and just view through the gg when the light allows for it.

Not a recent development and not specifically for LF, but ziplock plastic storage bags that will contain 8x10 film holcers are something I find indespensible. The 12x20 holders go into zippered dustproof pillowcases.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: Best LF accessories? Meteredlight.com

A couple of years ago, I tried to buy one but could never get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Cunningham View Post
    The meter is the Pocket spot, by meteredlight.com.

I have had it for three years or so, and it is what I carry. Not as fancy as the Pentax, and expensive, I think I paid $400 for it, but I don't use anything else except as backup.

It measures 2x2.25x 0.75. weighs 4.5 oz.

they were pretty hard to get up with for a while, dunno if they are even in business now.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I have to say the Visualizer for 4x5 and 8x10. Not new and I have had mine for 10 years or so. Makes setting up much faster and saves time. It is easy to use, light to carry and makes the mid day hunt for the next shot easy. I also put "V" notches in it for 4x10 panorama. Best $25 I have spent on LF.

For those not familiar with one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...r_4x5_and.html

Scott

www.scottsquires.com
    Scott Squires

www.scottsquires.com

A wife as recent as 16 years who continually encourages me in my retirement to go for the dream of learning LF photography, in the darkroom, at school, in the field, in competitions.

A Doctor who told me to lose twenty pounds and walk a mile five times a week. A Doctor who was surprised when I asked him if I could extend the distance because I was finding great shooting opportunities in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

The many tools listed here that I have read about earlier here and adopted to my own use.

The lady Labradors who are always with me on hikes and shoots, who let me know when there is something or someone I should notice, who always sing out when someone approaches while I am under the dark cloth. These are our eighth and ninth lab Rescue, each who would have been put to death if not rescued, each who has brought new life, joy and hilarity to our house. Yes, the hair does show up in all the wrong places, like that 20x24 inch print you are making for next week's show.

Thanks for all the ideas.

John

In the desert...

Ford Excursion &
    3 wheeled baby stroller