Thread: Foto 3 as joint confernence APUG/Silver/VC?

Foto 3 as joint confernence APUG/Silver/VC?

I asked this question on APUG, so far without reply.

Foto 3 has been billed as a joint conference with APUG, Silver and VC.

What role is APUG/Silver playing in the organization of this conference? I have seen numerous announcements on the LF forum from VC organizers re: the conference, but nothing from Sean or the APUG committee or from Silver.

Are APUG /Silver passive partners in this activity?

Sandy King

Re: Foto 3 as joint confernence APUG/Silver/VC?

Been in the background, heard about most of it on a daily basis.

APUG and Silver have been very involved and active. View Camera, in the form of Simmons and Harris, is just the most vocal in trying to get participation in forming it, and talking it up so folks will make plans now to attend. Sean is active, and Richard Newman, last I heard, wants to charter a sleep-over bus to do a photographic tour a la rock-and-roll band barnstorming. I've volunteered to audition groupies.

Ted Harris has done, and continues to do tons of work..."idle hands are the Debbil's Workshop." Thanks, Ted.
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

To clarify a bit ....

foto 3 has been jointly organized and is being jointly managed by APUG, Calumet and View Camera. There are no passive partners. All decisions are made jointly. We have a Conference website and the first content will go up on the website today or tomorrow.

jetcode

It would really handy if there were workshops on the digital output process like photoshop. While the purists may scream I personally believe digital is yet another tool to compliment photographic art.