Page 313 of 355 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3545

Thread: Flowers Anyone?

Re: Flowers Anyone?

flowers009
    by Miguel Buschhauer, on Flickr
    Unedited after development, just scanned and saved. I never had this so strong before that I did not want to change the slightest parameter...
    Strange thing is that I can't recall if this one was shot with my 270mm Goerz Dagor or with the 180mm Fujinon W as I tried both on the same shot.
    Anyway both were shot wide open and my guess goes for the Goerz...

More like "Flowers; past tense".
    Yesterday I received my Intrepid 4X5 Camera - part of the prize package I won for one of my tintypes recently (See: https://moderncollodion.com/2018-competition-results/ Thank you very much Modern Collodion/Intrepid Camera Co/UV Photographics!)
    This is the first glass collodion negative I made with the Intrepid, fitted with a 1930s Kodak 5.5" Anastigmat lens (from Blue Moon Camera in PDX). While its not a great negative, it does show some nice texture and demonstrates just how sharp and capable the Anastigmat is!
    Coffer's #7 negative collodion used, in conjunction with John's developer for negatives - well seasoned with used developer. The negative was intensified using John Coffer's intensification method, which I must say works beautifully. Exposure was 6 minutes at f6.3

Les

Big congrats, Paul. Looks like you were in rather elevated company (competition). I keep staring at this pic, as well. Nice.

Les

Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Vogt View Post
    Big congrats, Paul. Looks like you were in rather elevated company (competition). I keep staring at this pic, as well. Nice.

Les
    Thank you Les. I was honestly very surprised by that win - I thought so many of the pieces were better than mine. Good thing I wasn’t the judge, huh?!

Trillium, West Linn, Oregon, 5x7 pinhole camera, FP4+ in D-76 dip'n'dunk by a local lab.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trillium 1_wk.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	176809

Again a great image Paul! What is John Coffer's intensification method? Lately I've tried iodine rdevelopment, bleach with fericyanide/potassium bromide followed by redevelopment with silver nitrate added to the developer and copper sulfate/KBr followed by redevelopment in a weak silver nitrate/HNO3 bath; the latter works best for me and is very fast. With the other methods, I get uneven development, pinholes and incomplete development. The copper sulfate route does build density like crazy though (which is great for salt prints, so I'm not complaining).

Quote Originally Posted by koraks View Post
    Again a great image Paul! What is John Coffer's intensification method? Lately I've tried iodine rdevelopment, bleach with fericyanide/potassium bromide followed by redevelopment with silver nitrate added to the developer and copper sulfate/KBr followed by redevelopment in a weak silver nitrate/HNO3 bath; the latter works best for me and is very fast. With the other methods, I get uneven development, pinholes and incomplete development. The copper sulfate route does build density like crazy though (which is great for salt prints, so I'm not complaining).
    Thanks very much!
    The method JC advocates is the Copper sulfate/Potassium bromide bleach + AgNO3 redevelopment technique. It’s fast and simple, and you can control it by carefully timing the bleach bath. It works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Gomena View Post
    Trillium, West Linn, Oregon, 5x7 pinhole camera, FP4+ in D-76 dip'n'dunk by a local lab.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trillium 1_wk.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	176809
    That’s very lovely, Peter. Exquisite tonal scale. Did Blue Moon do your film for you?

Hi, Paul, and thanks for the compliment!

No, I have to admit I took it to another lab. I wanted to see results in a hurry. Blue Moon processes sheet film larger than 4x5" by hand in trays, and I didn't want to either push the lab's agenda or wait until the lab tech could get to it. These were processed at Citizens Photo. Until the demise of Newspace, I processed all my B&W film myself in Pyrocat-HD. I hope to return to that practice soon. Lack of easy access to a darkroom and time to process have been a problem. (I could go into Newspace early on a Saturday and process work undisturbed!) I hope to get into The Portland Darkroom to avail myself of their JOBO for my large format work.

New wet plate collodion negative (on glass), made with the Intrepid 4X5 and a Kodak Anastigmat from the 1930s. Collodion used was John Coffer's #7 for negs, developed in well-seasoned developer.
    Sarracenia flava blooms: