Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Handheld 4x5- Razzle and Speed Graphic

Re: Handheld 4x5- Razzle and Speed Graphic

Do you know the Piccolino from swiss maker Obscura?
    It's amazingly light and easy to use.

Cedric

to Chris Usher;

Would you mind to tell us/me what lens/camera combinations with Razzle do you own and use....????

By the way: Like your work.

regards Heinrich

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichVoelkel View Post

to Chris Usher;

Would you mind to tell us/me what lens/camera combinations with the Razzle do you own and use....????

regards Heinrich

to Chris Usher;

Would you mind to tell us/me what lens/camera combinations with Razzle do you own and use....????

regards Heinrich
    Thank you very much for the compliments Heinrich
    My Razzle Arsenal includes a Schneider 90mm f6.8, the standard Rodenstock 127mm f4.7, a Schneider 150mm f5.6 (must unscrew front element to fold it up), a Fuji 150mm f6.3 set for close focus between 2-4 feet (folds-up), and a 900 with movements with the same Fuji lens.
    I love them all for different reasons but I tend to use the 90mm and the 900 the most-- I just used the 900 yesterday on a shoot for Sports Illustrated in Detroit; Detroit's QB Jon Kitna would only be able to spare 15mins for the whole shoot-- I shot digital of course, but I also was able to expose 12 sheets of film without skipping a beat. I shot with the rangefinder and I used the ground glass with a little tilt for a nice portrait. I would have been sweating pretty hard trying to shoot 4x5 at all with a view camera!

btw that Piccolino is really cool! --now if they could just get a rangefinder on that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Richards View Post
    I love Weegee! And he proves that you can do it with a Speed Graphic!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Usher View Post
    My Razzle Arsenal includes a Schneider 90mm f6.8, the standard Rodenstock 127mm f4.7, a Schneider 150mm f5.6 (must unscrew front element to fold it up), a Fuji 150mm f6.3 set for close focus between 2-4 feet (folds-up), and a 900 with movements with the same Fuji lens.
    I love them all for different reasons but I tend to use the 90mm and the 900 the most
    Hello Chris, thanks for elaborating further. Did you use the Yasarex 127 with color film? How is the color rendition?

I'm so unsure on what to order? I ususally use the 135 a lot, but would like to go a little wider? Hhmmmm.

Regards Heinrich

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Usher View Post
    Hi Chris,

What a great endorsement for the Razzle! So, do you have pictures to share? Which camera did you grab for the sports portrait?

Is the lens on a lensboard so one could still use the lens on another camera?

Asher

Hello Chris, thanks for elaborating further. Did you use the Yasarex 127 with color film? How is the color rendition?

I'm so unsure on what to order? I ususally use the 135 a lot, but would like to go a little wider? Hhmmmm.

Regards Heinrich
    I have not had any problems with color on any of my Razzles, but I will add that I have not shot any E6 with the 127 that I can think of--- I'm not sure, but I think the 127 is a single coated lens. I think that you will find the 127 to be the best of the all-around set-ups (it's a little faster and focuses a little closer)

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    Hi Chris,

What a great endorsement for the Razzle! So, do you have pictures to share? Which camera did you grab for the sports portrait?

Is the lens on a lensboard so one could still use the lens on another camera?

Asher
    You can go to my website and see many images shot with Razzles--not ALL are shot with the Razzles, many are shot with my Wisner Expedition, but I think that the fact that you can't tell is testament. I will post a couple of images from the SI shoot as soon as it is published (I can't post anything until after they use it). Anyway, I took both my Super Razzle 900 with movements and the standard 127mm. I ended up using only the 900 because time was so short for the shoot. The lens is attached only to an integral lensboard so I wouldn't recommend switching it out-- I'd keep it on there and dedicated.