Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Our old friend Chris Jordan

Re: Our old friend Chris Jordan

I think he has accomplised exactly what he wanted to. A dialog about the pressure that a population puts on the environment. Anyone who does not see the human impact on the environment may be spending too much time uder the cloth with the lens cap on. I do not think that old technology need necessarily go hand in hand with old ideas.

Good job Chris

Mike Spear

Hey Jorge, if I promise to disclose the amount of money I have donated in the last year to causes associated with the environment and social justice, will you personally pledge to match that amount? I am happy to provide a complete answer, with documentation.

~cj

Quote Originally Posted by chris jordan View Post
    Hey Jorge, if I promise to disclose the amount of money I have donated in the last year to causes associated with the environment and social justice, will you personally pledge to match that amount? I am happy to provide a complete answer, with documentation.

~cj
    LOL......Good try, but you see, as the director of the Household haz waste collection and destruction for Chemical Waste mgmt. In CA I have been responsible for the collection and destruction of millions of dollars in haz waste. As supervisor in the Houston area houseold Haz waste collection for Rollins Environmental, Technical Environmental Services and subsequently Laidlaw Environmental I was also responsible for a little less than a million dollars in haz waste destruction. Currently, since I got to Mexico in the last 6 years I have about 1000 hours in free consulting to waste water treatment plants. At a $100/hr I figure this is about $100000. Trust me when I tell you that your meager print sales don't even come close to what I have done in environmental conservation in the last 25 years. And I did all this without the bullshit and horn tooting you do. So you see, I talk the talk and walk the walk.

What do you do, donate a few dollars and then hype your work in exchange? It is so pathetic it is laughable.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro View Post
    What do you do, donate a few dollars and then hype your work in exchange? It is so pathetic it is laughable.
    sounds to me like at the end of the day you two are on the same team. most people are doing nothing. what do you accomplish by berating him?

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    what do you accomplish by berating him?
    Some people can only feel good when they make someone else feel bad.

Or you can think of it as grafitti of sorts - you can't really build a wall and expect it to remain clean, can you?

So, Jorge, is that a yes? You promise to match my 2006 charitable donations, and I will disclose what the donations were, with documentation if anyone wants it. Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? (Someone please cut and paste his reply into a different message or I won't see it; he has been on my ignore list ever since I joined the forum...).

~cj

Quote Originally Posted by chris jordan View Post
    So, Jorge, is that a yes? You promise to match my 2006 charitable donations, and I will disclose what the donations were, with documentation if anyone wants it. Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? (Someone please cut and paste his reply into a different message or I won't see it; he has been on my ignore list ever since I joined the forum...).

~cj
    I have put my money where my mouth is, for 25 years, so no, I have no need to match you I know what I have done and it is easily verifiable. Do your contributions match the $100000 I have donated in time? But I will tell you what, I will match you on the amount over $10000 that you have donated...deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro View Post
    I have put my money where my mouth is, for 25 years, so no, I have no need to match you I know what I have done and it is easily verifiable. Do your contributions match the $100000 I have donated in time? But I will tell you what, I will match you on the amount over $10000 that you have donated...deal?
    Time is money ... NOT in the eyes of the IRS.

Quote Originally Posted by QT Luong View Post
    Time is money ... NOT in the eyes of the IRS.
    Actually the reason I do it for free it is because I don't want to be in the Mexican version of the IRS. But then, not that I owe you any explanations, right?

This is one of those forum arguments in which most participating come out smelling bad, maybe we should all just be thankful that some here have been generous with their time and or money and leave it at that. Gentlemen, thank you for your civic altruism and generosity.