Thread: To merge Lines

Question To merge Lines

The is a water foutain in boston , I would like create a foto where the first two or three water falls show seperatly then as it goes farther down the line it would create a convering water fall? I know that this needs to be done with a camera that has bellows so it may be positioned so as to have them merge into one : I do understand that by swing the front lens to the right or left should [I say should] cause the lines to merge [I think] I also Know that, there will have to be some tilt do to get the lines straight Attached below is the water falls I wish to protray as megering into One:
    I can only hope you Understand what I am try-ing to do! Respecfully:\\Lauren MacIntosh
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

Re: To merge Lines

Hi, Lauren.

With whatever format you are using, if you have a longer lens, use it and move the entire camera a bit farther to the left while you observe the forms of the water converge.

Swings and tilts on the view camera would help you with controlling planes of focus, but camera position and lens choice can help a lot with the compression that you are seeking.

Just be sure that with a longer lens, you use as much depth of field as you can to avoid the distant water going out of focus. Also remember that when you stop down for more depth of field, you also must use a slower speed which will change the visual character of the water.

Swings on a view camera can help with that focus plane without having to go too far with slower speeds if you want the water "frozen".

Tim
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg