Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frustrating Freestyle Service

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Re: Frustrating Freestyle Service

I've done quite a bit of business with Freestyle as a high school and community college photo instructor, and they've always delivered fast and error-free.

My only complaint would be that when a couple of Epsom printers with Niagra bulk ink delivery systems didn't work at all, Freestyle just refered us to the manufacturers. Epsom blamed Niagra (even though the printers didn't work with the Epsom ink cartridges), and Niagra blamed Epsom (even though we could see major blockages in the supply lines preventing the ink from flowing through). End result: we wasted a hundred hours trying to get them to work, then just stuck the printers in a storage room where they still sit today, useless.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Japan Exposures

They may be forced to do this by their upstream card processor. But my view is always that as a customer, why should you care about the reasons behind this?

Excellent service here too.

It sounds like the issues Tim has with Freestyle is unique to international orders. I wonder how do other US based merchants transact business with Canadian customers?

Personally I've had no problems with Freestyle, Badger Graphic, or B and H (but I live in California so theres no borders to cross.)

Tim, have you referenced your customer ID# on the address label on your catalog to establish your identity as a previous customer? Maybe (or maybe not) that might help alleviate some of the hassles.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I had the same email from Freestyle as Tim regarding international purchases. I phoned them the next day and they said sorry and that the item had already been shipped. The next time I ordered something from them I received the same email, and another the next day saying the item had been shipped.
    I suspect the email is something that is sent to all international customers automatically, no matter whether you live in Canada, the EU or Bonga Bonga.
    In spite of the silly email (probably done at the insistence of their auditors) I have found Freestyle's service to be excellent and their prices competitive. They ship promptly, but it takes a couple of weeks to arrive. I think I can blame Canada Customs for the delay.

Hi all,

A week ago (Sep 7th) I have placed my first order at freestyle. I haven't received such an e-mail, but an order confirmation the following day, mentioning a ship date of 09/07/07. I could select from Fedex and USPS for international shipping (took USPS). Today I have received a delivery notice, so I assume the shipment is waiting now at my post office. No reason for me to complain.

I've had zero problems with Midwest, Badger, B&H, and Photomark shipping goods to Canada. Adorama on the other hand I will never again purchase from, but that opens a whole can of worms which IIRC has been addressed in another thread. I prefer dealing with Jim (Midwest), Jeff (Badger), and Rod (Photomark) directly, so B&H is always my last resort. All these gentlemen provide top drawer service and will go the full nine yards to ensure you are a happy customer. I have never dealt with Freestyle. They have never had anything that Jim, Jeff, or Rod could not provide.

Might also mention that if the paperwork is filled out correctly, there should be no customs delay. In fact, Rod just sent me a pair of Heliopan SUR's, which I received in two days shipped from Arizona via UPS envelope.

Badger put some film holders in the mail for me Monday afternoon. I'm picking them up from the post office today. Of course some times the post office takes longer then that.

Why not just open up a charge account? If you regularly order then that would seem to be the most practical avenue to pursue.