Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: So, if limited editions are used to....

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

Re: So, if limited editions are used to....

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    Rough skin? In English it would be thick skin...

Definitely not kissing ass vannabe.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Quote Originally Posted by SAShruby View Post
    It depends. More like "hrubu kozu". If you can translate it.
    I only speak czech. that sounds slovak to me.
    thats why "hruby" stuck out to me.

Not to stir the pot: http://www.luttmannphotography.com/ I found it very easy.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Lockrey View Post
    Not to stir the pot: http://www.luttmannphotography.com/ I found it very easy.
    I couldn't find it either, so I guess I used the wrong term when searching. I looked through the site a little, until I found an image of a crippled man laying on the ground begging - I found that quite disgusting, and left the site.

Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    I couldn't find it either, so I guess I used the wrong term when searching. I looked through the site a little, until I found an image of a crippled man laying on the ground begging - I found that quite disgusting, and left the site.
    That's the kind of thing you find in "third world" countries and poor neighborhoods here too. David has some nice travel/location images in B&W along with his commercial stuff. Maybe it's because I'm using my brother's "the computer geek genius" search engine. He can get anyone's W-2 information. Someday I'll have to relay that story.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    I don't mean to offend anyone. That shot though, has been a very popular 8x10 item for sale. Shot near one of the markets in HK.

Most of the stuff non-wedding related is simply fluff on the site to fill links. Part of the project for me this year is to finish my sales site to get a backlog of 5 years worth of various material on line for web sales.

The site for sales should be up and running over the next month or so. I just moved a short while ago and I'm still getting the studio up and running.

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Lockrey View Post
    I don't think that was it. David has some nice travel/location images in B&W along with his commercial stuff. Maybe it's because I'm using my brother's "the computer geek genius" search engine. He can get anyone's W-2 information. Someday I'll have to relay that story.
    Thank you Greg, his web site confirmed all I needed to know..... I doubt his claims of print sales are any hwere near what he pretends them to be.

And yes it was, the first pic on gallery one is of what it looks as a destitute guy sitting on a bench.

jetcode

what I have learned today:

1) you have to be locatable by google to have officially made it as a photographer
    2) a loud mouth falls sooner than a one legged man

yikes, and I thought musicians were a lot all to their own!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro View Post
    Thank you Greg, his web site confirmed all I needed to know..... I doubt his claims of print sales are any hwere near what he pretends them to be.

And yes it was, the first pic on gallery one is of what it looks as a destitute guy sitting on a bench.
    That wasn't the shot he referred to. As an aside, the "destitute" man you refer to was a nice retired gentleman I spoke to. You'll notice his newspaper beside him while he relaxed near sunset near the clocktower. Hardly destitute! LOL.

Nice twist though.

Now if only someone could explain, rationally if that's not too much to ask, what do the limited edition photographs have to do with the Web?

After all, isn't the Web the ultimate "digital thing"? The soulless mediocrity, as the OP calls such things. Once digitized, the image, any image, becomes infinitely reproducible, and thus both cheapened (again according to the OP) AND transformed into the exact opposite of the core meaning of the word "limited".

So, to conclude, how exactly does having the website emphasizes someone's credibility as far as sales of limited prints are concerned?