Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hasse lens case

Re: Hasse lens case

hi tim,

so cambridge camera seems to be a good place to keep my fingers crossed for as even ron recommends it. let us know whether you are successful!
    yes, every time i checked for a 500mm lens, only the "tele-tessar" came up.

best of luck

doug

Thanks for the warning, Ron. So far, they have responded with an offer that they have the case but will not supply photos and then when I asked for a thorough description, confirmation that it is the correct catalog number, and justification why this one is about $80 bucks more than the (only slightly) smaller case for the 350mm.....silence....so far.

Maybe if they can confirm that it is a new one and will send it COD, I'll bite. Otherwise, I'll heed your warning.

just looked up "bait and switch". didn't know it was just the opposite of a recommendation ...
    so ron, sorry for calling your warning a recommendation for cambridge!

tim,

just saw your lens tele-tessar 500mm and the matching lens case (beautifully worn tan leather) at a local camera shop opposite the lab i use. asked the guys whether they would sell the case seperately but unfortunately they refused to. otherwise i could have got it for you. but they told me that lowepro sells cases for lenses as long as those. so in case you are not successful with cambridge or anyone else you might want to check again. i have a lowepro catalog showing a lens case 5 with the inner dimensions of 6x11.75".

douglas

of course your lens is longer than 11.75" ...
    just an example.

Thank, Doug.

I already looked into the Lowpro web site and found the case you are referring to. If thought I would try to find the real thing first and then, if that's not successful, call Lowpro to see if they would do a custom job.

Thanks again for a great suggestion.

Tim

Steve Gombosi

The Hassy 500mm C lens is a Tele-Tessar, not a Sonnar (I have the later CF Tele-Apotessar).
    I think it's going to be pretty hard to find an original case that doesn't have another lens with it. ;-)

The Apotessar is exactly 16" long (with hood and cape - the front cap fits over the hood so I never take the hood off).

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by lenser View Post
    Okay, so it's not strictly part of my large format gear, but the lens is big enough to qualify as large in anyone's book......

I just bought a beautiful 500mm C type Sonnar for my Hasselblad and I need a case. I've checked with KEH, Sylvio's, Calumet, and Midwest Photo as well as Paul Mayberry of Classic Cameras. Nobody can find one yet although they are all on the look out.

Anybody out there have a long lost empty Hasselblad case for the original style 500mm Sonnar?

Thanks guys!!!!!