Thread: Photo Rag v. Photo Rag Duo

Photo Rag v. Photo Rag Duo

Bought a box of Photo Rag Duo as part of a stack of papers to test with my new printer. Much to my surprise, I love the look of it. Is it the same as regular Photo Rag, but two sided, or is it a different paper?

Re: Photo Rag v. Photo Rag Duo

Hahnemuhle PhotoRag 308 is one of the best cotton rag papers available. Great Dmax in combination with Epson K3 inks. Terrific color saturation as well. I've created my business cards and Fine Art Digital printing brochure on PhotoRag Duo 196 printing on both sides. Just allow time for the one surface to dry before re-feeding. The duo is the same as the regular PhotoRag, but double sided.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

i like the duo (in the lighter weight) for proofing. in the early stages of printing an image i can get four prints on a single sheet (two on each side). for the final print, i use the heavier weight single sided.

the duo paper is also good for portfolios and book projects.

Also check out the Photo Rag Satin. I really like the look for certain B&W images.

Been using HPR 308 for most of my work. Got to like it unfortunately. I say unfortunately since rumor has it that Hahnemuhle is yet again raising prices. As if they weren't expensive enough. Time to look at alternatives. Entrada could be one.

I went from Entrada Natural to HPR 308. Entrada is a bit warmer than 308 and I did not like the look as much.

Quote Originally Posted by JPlomley View Post
    Hahnemuhle PhotoRag 308 is one of the best cotton rag papers available. Great Dmax in combination with Epson K3 inks. Terrific color saturation as well. I've created my business cards and Fine Art Digital printing brochure on PhotoRag Duo 196 printing on both sides. Just allow time for the one surface to dry before re-feeding. The duo is the same as the regular PhotoRag, but double sided.
    I have to agree - in addition, 308 is all kinds of awesome for Piezo prints.

I have used a lot of the Duo 196 for books but when I called to order recently I was tole the 196 and 308 are being replaced with a Duo 276. I should have gotten it by now but it hasn't arrived.
    Jerome

I moved to the Bright White version of photo rag. Very nice, gets rid of most of the off-color look of PhotoRag.