Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Readyloads Discontinued?

Re: Readyloads Discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by BarryS View Post
    That puts a considerably different spin on the news. If the Readyload assembly was contracted out to Polaroid, then Polaroid's ceasing all production activities would leave Kodak with a hard choice--re-establishing a production line back at Kodak or pulling the plug on the product. They probably figured they couldn't recover their costs in a short enough time. I'm seriously wondering if Kodak's sheet film business is in a death spiral. Increased prices, undesirable packaging and fewer choices leading to further decreased sales and so on. Maybe the 10 sheet packaging reflects Kodak sunsetting large format film for commercial use and the artistic use is so small that we're expected to piggyback on the final offerings for the commercial market.
    It would be very wrong to attempt to take one data point and extrapolate it to sheet film. The facts are not pointing in this direction.

Back to the original post Kodak mentioned to me that they would go from 10 sheets to probably 25 sheet boxes in 8x10 later this year as expected. Keep up the faith guys. All is very well.

Cheers!

Back to the original post Kodak mentioned to me that they would go from 10 sheets to probably 25 sheet boxes in 8x10 later this year as expected. Keep up the faith guys. All is very well.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Good! That's the good thing about these threads, maybe someone who cares is reading them!

"Chin Music"? That's pretty funny term. I've never heard it.

"Chin Music'...ah, a wonderful baseball phrase. Refers to a pitcher throwing a fast ball high and inside to keep the batter off balance. Perhaps a little bit applicable to large format photographers in a digital 72 dpi world.

Quote Originally Posted by IanMazursky View Post
    I use fuji QL's in my kodak RL holder all the time. They work great.
    I am glad to read that Ian, as I am only half way through my 2nd box of 100TMX and thought I would have been left with an expensive but useless film holder.

LJ Segil

So should we see if we can get a significantly large group together to get Fuji to make RVP50 in either 5x7 or 8x10 (both in an ideal world)? Seems worth a try to me. Anybody interested, how much film, and preferred format?
    LJS

You could just order it from these nice folks:
    http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/c..._detail&p=2361

at least the 8x10
    ask Dirk at unicircuits.com about 5x7?

Japan Exposures

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    You could just order it from these nice folks:
    http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/c..._detail&p=2361

at least the 8x10
    ask Dirk at unicircuits.com about 5x7?
    8x10 is readily available.

if you want to start an effort of placing an 5x7 order, I'm up for it. I suppose everyone has to order around 3-5 boxes minimum to make a hundred boxes.

Well...what I suspect is my last order of TMAX100 Readyloads just showed up. I want to stash most of it (sealed & unopened) in my freezer for future trips abroad. Does anyone have experience in freezing Readyloads that they can share? I'm thinking that some of the Readyloads could be in the freezer for as long as 5 years.

-Any recommended wrapping to the sealed box prior to freezing? Plastic wrap?
    -Is there any harm to the Readyload envelope when freezing longterm?

Thanks,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ruderman View Post
    Well...what I suspect is my last order of TMAX100 Readyloads just showed up. I want to stash most of it (sealed & unopened) in my freezer for future trips abroad. Does anyone have experience in freezing Readyloads that they can share? I'm thinking that some of the Readyloads could be in the freezer for as long as 5 years.

-Any recommended wrapping to the sealed box prior to freezing? Plastic wrap?
    -Is there any harm to the Readyload envelope when freezing longterm?

Thanks,
    Robert
    Unopened packages should be perfectly fine for extended periods of time so I would not give it a second thought. Kodak seals these packages specifically to maintain a humidy free environment for this very purpose. Plus, you are employing a lower ASA film that inherently carries with it a propensity to be less susceptible to naturally occurring radiation. I would load up (no pun intended) and shoot away.

Cheers!