Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBAY SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! » DAGOR 355mm MC GOLD DOT Schneider 14" W/ Compur #3

Re: eBAY SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! » DAGOR 355mm MC GOLD DOT Schneider 14" W/ Compur #3

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    Another likely possibility is that someone has obtained jjk515's password and hijacked his user ID and listed a high dollar item under his ID --usually a complete copy of another recent listing from a legitimate seller. The hijacker includes instructions in the listing to email them at a given email address, not JJK515's address. I've reported numerous listings like this to Ebay and they have always been removed. Another buyer beware in today's hazardous on-line environment.
    This is definitely possible. In the last year, I've discovered I was selling a Macintosh Powerbook, a vintage Jaguar XJ-S and a very high-end amplifier. Hell, if I owned any of those, there is no way they'd be for sale. Fortuately, I keep a very close eye on my eBay account and have caught all of them and worked with the bay to shut down the imposter. There are many ways to use eBay for crooked means. Just use due diligence and you will limit your exposure to these types.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Re: eBAY SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!! » DAGOR 355mm MC GOLD DOT Schneider 14" W/ Compur #3

I have also had my ebay account hi-jacked in the past and a bunch of phony 1 day auctions posted. I caught it early, but it still took a few days working with ebay to get me account straightened out.

Could someone experienced with ebay give a short descriptio of how to not be robbed as a buyer? Sellers reputation naturally, but perhaps you dont want to be limited to buying only from traders with 6000 good feedbacks....

Is ebay too risky to buy from a photographer listing his camera after having only sold say 0-5 items before? And, as a seller, I guess I cant sell my camera there if I havent sold lots of stuff before?

Is ebay only for traders, not average people buying and selling a few things?

As a seller, how can you be robbed? If I receive a paypal payment, am I not safe to send the item?

Rgds
    PM

Quote Originally Posted by pmazolo View Post
    Could someone experienced with ebay give a short descriptio of how to not be robbed as a buyer? Sellers reputation naturally, but perhaps you dont want to be limited to buying only from traders with 6000 good feedbacks....

Is ebay too risky to buy from a photographer listing his camera after having only sold say 0-5 items before? And, as a seller, I guess I cant sell my camera there if I havent sold lots of stuff before?

Is ebay only for traders, not average people buying and selling a few things?

As a seller, how can you be robbed? If I receive a paypal payment, am I not safe to send the item?

Rgds
    PM

Ask specific questions about use of the item.

I never buy from people who are selling for a friend or dead relative and know nothing about the camera. It strikes me that at least some of these people must be fencing stolen property.

I'm sure you can be robbed as a seller and would love to know how so I can avoid it.