Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outstanding J&C TMY Business

Re: Outstanding J&C TMY Business

> J&C needs to be held accountable and if John and the Mrs. can't come up with the money then there is a serious problem.

That is not really the rule in the US legal system. We have corporations precisely so individuals can conduct business without being personally liable for the corporation's debts.

Do not discount that these folks may have had some bad business luck at the end and not been able to make good. I am under the impression that they did good work for the ULF community for years, and that should count for something.

After all, from the perspective of a 4x5 shooter, you guys are crazy and are lucky to get any film at all.:-)

J&C was a small company. We are a small and shrinking community.

All I am saying is that this "situation" should not be kept secret or just with those
    that are involved.

It should be out in the community so that if another J&C appears, we can make an informed decision about doing business with them.

Landscape/Still Life

I totally agree of all discussions over the J&C Incident(s) with his customers and etc... I for one ordered from them and I did receive the items way before all this happened... I know many of you dont know me very well but I am discussing with companies on becoming a dealer for all film sizes and keeping it in stock year round for people who want to purchase these films... This is not an advertisement to sell products just an informal letting everyone know, we will do our best to satisfy everyone of our customers... Feel free to contact me if anyone wants more info...

Quote Originally Posted by davidbram View Post
    ....It should be out in the community so that if another J&C appears, we can make an informed decision about doing business with them.
    I agree with David. Regardless of the corporate shell John Minekais operated under, or intends to operate under in the future, I will never deal with him unless he satisfies all his previous obligations to the large format community.

In the desert...

Are the outstanding undelivered orders all from the Kodak Ulf special order program? Personally I had good dealings with John and I received quite a bit of film from J and C, but I was not a participant in the Kodak ULF special order program.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    Are the outstanding undelivered orders all from the Kodak Ulf special order program? Personally I had good dealings with John and I received quite a bit of film from J and C, but I was not a participant in the Kodak ULF special order program.
    That is a very good question Dave. I had assumed that the problem was all associated with unfinished TMY business, but I simply do not know for sure.

Does it really matter? John has not returned calls or emails for months to the people who deserve some answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    That is a very good question Dave. I had assumed that the problem was all associated with unfinished TMY business, but I simply do not know for sure.
    In addition to a small order of quarter-plate TMY that never got cut, I'm in the hole for a couple of boxes of 7x11 HP5 Plus, that didn't get cut due to insufficient orders for that format during the 2006 Ilford run.

I'm not part of this, but wonder if anyone that paid via credit card has any recourse through their credit card company. Just a thought.

Clay

Most credit cards don't allow you to contest a charge after ninety days have elapsed. I found this out when dealing with a certain large format camera maker a few years ago.