Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5x7 gg spring back for orphan Ansco?

Re: 5x7 gg spring back for orphan Ansco?

I have a grey 5x7 back with gg but not sure which camera it came off of. Outside measurements are 8.5" x 8.5" - inside measurements of the light trap is 7 7/8" x 7 7/8".
    If you are interested send me a PM and I will get some pictures for you.

Gord

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Hamiel View Post
    I have a back that I will sell to you - I'm pretty sure it is an 8x10 to 5x7 reducing back but could be cut to size perhaps.

It's an Agfa/Ansco w/5x7 spring back - no groundglass but clips are there - I'll attach a pic below. The outer dimensions are 11 1/2" square. It has writing on two sections & is in solid shape.
    Lee, could I let you know a bit later on this one? I'd like to see if any native 5x7 backs show up first. Yours could probably be cut down to fit, but at the moment I don't possess the woodworking equipment that would be needed to rout out a new light-trap, which I guess would be the trickiest part of the job. I can see already that if I'm going to fool around with old folding cameras, I'd better get equipped for this kind of thing -- already I'm in need of several stepped lensboards, which also mean precision routing work, not to mention some kind of small lathe to cut centre holes accurately. Funny how one thing just leads to another, and another, when all you really wanted was to burn some film in LF sizes! (I can feel a new thread coming on...)

Not a problem Jeffrey

I'm travelling later this week so it would be a while before I could ship it if you do decide to go for it.

One option would be to cut it to size & then add a slightly smaller piece of 1/8 or 1/4 black foamcore to the inside surface to create the light trap.

For the lens boards a drill press with forstner bits works well.

I'm moving down the road & have sold all of my woodworking equipment - otherwise I would have offered to do the modification for you.

Good luck