Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: new paltz-kingston get together

Re: new paltz-kingston get together

15th sounds good! (I just developed and started printing from the 50 sheets of 4x5 I shot on vacation, this will make sure that I never quite get caught up...) Anyway, I will be driving up from Florham Park NJ (5 minutes from the Chatham or Madison train stations) and can fit 3 more in my Subaru. If "Menacing Alex" or anyone else wants to PM me, we can work out plans for the day. Incidentally, it would be great to have a meeting place and time to finalize plans. My guess is that it is about 2 hrs drive from NYC or North Jersey.

hi all,
    i was thinking about hitting high falls first. should be some good morning light. there is water falls, old shipping locks, stone buildings and a river. everything is close to the car so we wont kill alec! i am up for any suggestions. nothing is written in stone. new paltz also has some good views of the ridge and stuff, but i find it to be a bit over done and boring....BUT it is up to you all.
    if you want to shoot high falls first we could meet in rosendale. there is a GREAT little greasy spoon i have been eating at for years if you come hungry! itr is 32 Lunch. it is on route 32 in rosendale NY. get off the thruway at New Paltz. take left at light, drive though town till you hit route 32 North and proceed about 8 miles to rosendale. the diner will be on your left....you can't miss it.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Eddie, Sounds great to me. Could we get a list of who can drive and who needs a ride?
    Drivers:
    Peter R
    Peter L
    Alex W.

Passengers:
    Arthur, Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur,NYC View Post
    Passengers:
    Arthur, Manhattan
    Alec, Brooklyn

I can go to Manhattan if need be.

Alec and Arthur, I can pick you guys up and meet with Peter R and drive up north in one car. So, can you guys PM me your location for pick up?

I think Alan can ride with Peter L. We will leave early and meet at the dinner.

Let me know if you guys have better plans.

What time? And do they have biscuits and gravy? And can somebody give me an address to put into Mapquest. It's a long drive for me, so I'm driving out the night before and holing up in the nearest fleabag motel.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    It's a long drive for me, so I'm driving out the night before and holing up in the nearest fleabag motel.
    You won't be staying at the Four Seasons - Kingston resort?

As an aside, there's a good chance I'll have a 5x7 in hand for 9/15 - so I may be a bit more mobile than before. I'll still bring along the 11x14 for thrills though. Fingers crossed!

--A

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    What time? And do they have biscuits and gravy? And can somebody give me an address to put into Mapquest. It's a long drive for me, so I'm driving out the night before and holing up in the nearest fleabag motel.
    i will check on the biscuits and gravy. the got some great stuff.....
    if you put rosendale NY in map quest that should get you very very close. it is a VERY small town. i am send you a PM.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

yes alec, bring the 11x14. i would love to shoot it! four seasons?!?!?!? if you guys need some suggestions for cheap motels pm me. there is camping in rosendale if you all are interested.
    eddie

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Eddie: Thanks for your work. I plugged Rosendale into MapQuest, its a 1:45 drive from North Jersey. What we need now is an agreed time to meet at the diner, and a secondary meeting point if we're late to the diner. At the first NY LF shoot I was late, but Alec's cellphone saved the day, so if someone who knows they will be on time can give us a cellphone number as a last fallback, that would be great. And I'll throw in a quick apology to Menacing Tourist, whose name I changed from Alan to Alex by not reading an earlier post carefully - as I mentioned, I'd be happy to have company driving up from Florham Park, NJ.