I started using a Crown Graphic for exactly this purpose. You can keep a film holder in the back with the dark slide removed and ready to go. Check the focus with the range finder, then frame the image in the sports finder and make the shot.

The Graphic sports finder is built into the front standard, and moves forward as longer lenses are installed. Essentially this is self- calibrating, and provides a relatively accurate framing of the subject, no matter which lens focal length is used. This doesn't work nearly as well with telephoto design lenses, though.

You gotta admire the Graphics for this: they are lightning fast shooters when used by somebody who is familiar with them. With a Grafmatic back, they are probably just as fast as shooting an RB-67 for 6 shots in a row. Graphics are also smaller, less expensive, and more available than the 4x5 Gowlandflex TLR cameras.

Depth of field for 4x5 negs is 6-inches at a subject distance of 5 feet with a 300mm lens at f/22. This is perfect for the nose to ear lobe sharpness zone. In sunlight, this is approximately 1/200th at f/22 with ISO 400 speed film, which is easily hand-holdable. I typically can't shoot much under f/22 using Norman P2000D power packs and umbrellas.

My problem is I cannot use my 300mm lens on the Crown until I obtain an extended lens board. When I get a lens board extended by 75mm or more, I will be able to use the 300mm on the Crown and keep RF focusing. Currently, I run an Apo Sironar S 210mm on the Crown for portraits, as this is the longest lens I can use and still calibrate my rangefinder. Most of my lenses are mounted on Crown lens boards that fit nicely into a Crown-to-Sinar adapter when they need to be used on the monorail.