Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can someone give a Recommendation of a good field camera for 4*5”

Re: Can someone give a Recommendation of a good field camera for 4*5”

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Ebony 45SU. I have one, and in my humble opinion, is the best. Has all the movements you need, beautifully built, and best of all, it is a non-folding design so you can set up extremely quickly. Can't think of any negative points on it, having used it for over a year.

Regards

Steve
    Is on the secound hand market alot?

Tachihara, when you break it, you can still afford a new one :-) And if you're packing you're camera into the field, something will happen.

I used 75 - 400T on my tachihara. Mine came in at 3.8 lbs. I use the 75mm on a recessed board and everything else on flat boards.
    Laurent

Quote Originally Posted by esbtse View Post
    Is on the secound hand market alot?
    Send a PM to Jack Flesher. He has one for sale....

I'm a little late on this thread, but here goes: Take a look at the Wisner Technical Field or the Zone VI (Wisner style with 19inch bellows). There are used ones on e-bay right now and Midwest Photo Exchange and KEH, both have used models. Neither camera is now in production, but used accessories are available and Richard Ritter can make parts, repair, and/or fit just about anything to them. They are a great buy at about 2/3rds the price of new. They really are good cameras and will handle the focal lengths you need. I use 65mm to 400mm on my Wisner Tech. Field and have had no trouble with it for 10 years now. I also use a Technika which is extremely sturdy, but doesn't have the versitility of the Wisner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Tjugen View Post
    The Speed graphic takes flat 4x4" lens boards of wood, aluminium or whatever. Most of the time I use an aluminium one that I've equipped with a small iris universal lens mount, so that I can use my nice old barrel lenses.

A Gandolfi is a camera made by the oldest existing camera maker - they've been in business since 1885, and still make cameras.
    Ole,
    There is a difference between Speed Graphic lensboards . My Anniversary and my pre-Anny take the 4x4 flat wooden(I suppose it dosen't matter what its made out of as long as it fits) "C" board, while my "Pacemaker" series (Speed and Crown models) take a pressed aluminium board with radiused corners. The "Super" Speeds might take even a different board---check www.graflex.org for details.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White