Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KEH.com

KEH.com

Has anyone used Keh.com? I am looking to buy a whole outfit, and was wondering if anyone else has used them before? I have e-mailed them with a basic quick question to no response, which makes me wonder if they are any good. I plan on calling them tomorrow. also, is there ranking system on used equipment any good?
    Thanks
    Chad

Re: KEH.com

Chad,

Please acquaint yourself with the search mechanism by clicking on "Search" on the menu bar above. I suggest that you search for KEH....see what pops up.

Calling is better. They been around for years. Very trusted, but that said, I'm sure someone has had a bad experience. Me, I've bought from them sparingly over the decades, and have nothing but good to say.

In the world of e-mails, I'm sure KEH is overwhelmed. I'm still waiting to hear from Lens & Repro for an e-mail I sent two months ago. Right now I don't care to hear from them 'cause I found what I was looking for, so they've lost a sale.

Good luck on getting what you're looking for.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Call them, they are happy to answer questions. I have purchased a few used lenses from them and have always been happy with the quality and service.

i prefer to use mpex.
    jim is seriously friendly.
    i had one experience with keh, whereby i requested a photo of the lens to be emailed to me. they said can't.
    well...

3d Visual Effects artist

only thing LF I have purchased has been caps and lensboards, but I have purchased alot of 35mm (Contax) and Medium format (Mamiya) from them. My entire Contax RTS and Mamiya RB67 setups were from KEH, 'BGN' and 'EX' ratings. Even most of the BGN stuff looks almost new

I'd recommend Jim at Midwest Photo (www.mpex.com) or Jeff at Badger Graphics (www.badgergraphics.com) ANY day of the week.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

I have had good luck with them for standard stuff. The one rub, and what sends me to Jim when he has the stuff, is that the salespeople cannot get their hands on the stuff. All they see is what you see on the computer.

KEH has an excellent reputation and the few things I've bought from them have been fine. However their prices usually seem on the high side to me.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Their ratings have been very conservative and really right on - honest. If they say it is EX, it really is. Frequently, they sell for less than the item goes for on ebay, and shipping has been fast too.

The only trouble though is that they haven't been replenishing their LF stuff much anymore. Plenty of things on the normal - wide side, but little on the long side of lens.

So far (subject to change, and your mileage may vary) - I've had a first-rate experience with them.