Thread: Anyone use a Bogen 3039 head?

Anyone use a Bogen 3039 head?

Hi guys,
    I recently bought a large Bogen with a 3039 head on it. It was used and I was able to inspect it. The was trying to take the head off by unscrewing the entire thing with my hand but he said I needed an allen key to unscrew it. Since I was only familiar with smaller heads, I wasn't sure.

So if you have a Bogen 3039, is this the correct way to remove the head? By using an allen key.

WG

Re: Anyone use a Bogen 3039 head?

Yes, that is how mine comes off.

Re: Anyone use a Bogen 3039 head?

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    Hi guys,
    I recently bought a large Bogen with a 3039 head on it. It was used and I was able to inspect it. The was trying to take the head off by unscrewing the entire thing with my hand but he said I needed an allen key to unscrew it. Since I was only familiar with smaller heads, I wasn't sure.

So if you have a Bogen 3039, is this the correct way to remove the head? By using an allen key.
    I have this tripod head and use it on a Bogen tripod. On many Bogen/Manfrotto tripods there are screws on tripod base itself that you tighten to secure the tripod head, after you thread the head on and screw it tight. To remove the head you must first unscrew the tripod screws, then you can simply turn the head and remove it from the tripod. The screws on my Bogen tripod are regular flat head screws.

Depending on the tripod you may need to raise the center column in order to access the screws on the tripod base.

Sandy King