Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lens to cover 20x24

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Re: Lens to cover 20x24

Quote Originally Posted by Monty McCutchen View Post
    Tri,

Thank you for that information as I can be on the lookout for one. Can you give some insight on some of the qualities of the lens as I will have to claim ignorance as to its more flattering attributes.

Thanks in advance,

Monty

PS. Have you received your Chamonix reversible back 20 x 24 yet?
    Hi Monty,
    The Euryscop is my favorite lens combo used on 20x24 with Ultrafine Lith film and is much less $$$ for the 20x24 FP-4 ( .07mm vs APHS .04mm Polyester base). With this combo I can do without the shutter i.e from 1s- 5 s exposure depends on the bellow draw. Just Like Jim said, is soft to the corners but I like it ...nice and warm. RR lens is very sharp in the center and soften out not like other portraits lens which soften the whole field.
    My second lens to go with my 20x24 is the Artar Red dot in Aluminum barrel. It covers 20x24 with movements . Nice,small, sharp and fairly inexpensive.
    My other lens which I have and it cover up to 18x22 is 18 Inches Kodak Wide field Ektar copy lens single coated . This is a really nice lens. Sharp and contrast. This is the excellent lens for 16x20 format user. Get it while you can.Too bad is does not cover 20x24.
    That's it. The 550 is always in my dream .BTW my convertible is up in the air according to Hugo. It will land it here soon. Cheers.

Re: Lens to cover 20x24

Out of curiosity, anybody else have a 21 1/4" Ektar? I've heard some amazing i.c. claims, and I know that it definately illuminates a 16x20 (with gobs of movements), at least dry shooting (until it warms up enough to spend more than a few mins out it the garage and I can get my filmholders built). How well remains to be seen, when I can load film I'll know for sure.

erie