Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Excited!!

Re: Getting Excited!!

I will get round to putting them up for sale some day, together with the Epson 4990! It hasn't taken me long to come ot the conclusion that the processing and scanning is far better left in the hands of those whose profession it is!

Ben I feel the same about colour, I leave it to pro's..

As for b&w, that's for me to ruin in my own hands

Can anybody guess what this is.........

(edit: this is my parent's house, so excuse my mother's ashtray in the background!)

I guess this a coffe table book on Australien razzle dogs, bought on Amazo... and delivered well packed to you frontdoor

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Can anybody guess what this is.........
    This feels just like Christmas morning....

Congrats Ash and Bart. I've got a Razzle 900 on order, and I'm glad I found this thread. Exciting!

Vivitar flashgun atop the Razzle-Ash. Not the best shot in the world, but it'll do

MJ's sleeping right now or else I'd have some test shots of her to develop and print/scan.

Weirdest thing happened though.

This picture was taken on a Sony Ericsson K800i mobile phone (doubles up as a Cybershot 3.2mp digicam).

I set the studio flash as a model light but when I pressed the shutter on my phone, the studio flash fired as well!!

So it turns out both the studio flashes AND my mobile phone have integrated wireless flash cells. Neat huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So it turns out both the studio flashes AND my mobile phone have integrated wireless flash cells. Neat huh?
    No, the studio flashes probably have an optical slave and were set off by the flash of your camera phone. To add to this, the studio light probably added nothing to the exposure as your camera phone probably has a pre-flash which actually set the studio lights off before the exposure was even made. The lighting in this image looks like and probably is all from the flash on the camera phone.

Jeremy, I had to darken and crop this image. The studio flash was in-sync with the camera phone.

I took a fair few and had to adjust the location of the studio flash to remove the shadow in the background but not bleach out the whole image.

You might be correct about an optical slave but I've set up the two studio flashes before, had one go off, and the other remain as a lamp - surely if it was optical both would have flashed?

EDIT: Original here - definitely in sync http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43.../DSC00966_.jpg
    2nd EDIT: I tested the Vivitar against the studio flash, they both went off at the same time.

I'm a little confused about the way it all works but hey, it's still wireless

The fact it was overexposed doesn't necessarily mean it was in sync, it could be the modeling light is what is overexposing the image as it is outputting more light than the cameraphone expects from its flash. What studio light did you use?

Sorry, but I steadfastly refuse to believe that your cameraphone is wirelessly syncing with your studio flashes.