Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Excited!!

Re: Getting Excited!!

Kerik it varies on your needs. Under a grand in some cases I believe.

You may be best emailing him. He has a full time job I believe, so the camera/photo-based stuff is a part time hobby "evenings and weekends" was the phrase. I have waited weeks for correspondence in some cases

I can concur with Ash on communicating with Dean, it can take awhile for him to get a round tuit-- he does have a day job AND another hobby showing Gordon Setters (that's where the Razzle name derives from--I believe Razzle was his first).

Don't worry guys, I'm sitting here dumfounded at the size of this list. Chris, I certainly didn't expect to see you on here....but thanks for the encouragement.

Kerik, I have just answered your query regarding a Razzle. I have suffered blackouts on my home computer of late and things have gone a bit haywire. I am writing this on trusty works computer while the boss isn't looking! :eek :

Home computer appears overloaded and needs a seeing to.....It keeps on shutting down and losing data, so if anyone has trouble getting hold of me that's the reason.
    May have to chuck in the day job too

Hey Ash
    Just saw your packard shutter job-- Just what I have wanted to do! I have an old 210 f3.5 jena tessar that I have rigged to my speed graphic with a piece cut out of a sheetfilm box and some gaffer tape-- it works, but not as in control as your setup. I have some insane heavy lenses like a 125mm f2 and an aero ektar that are a lot of trouble to rig up plus alot of lenses that are far from fitting in a copol 0, but I suppose I really should have a more usable camera with full movements and plenty of room up front like a cambo...anyway, I like how you work it with your projects.

Hi Dean-
    Just ran across the thread today by chance in a google and I figured I could add some insight for your two newest fans-to-be-- I hope all is well aside from the computer.
    Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris....I have this latest idea in my head.....in two weeks I'm trialing a 210 Sironar N in a Copal 1 fitted to a 900 with an extended back Hopefully I can get enough rack to go from infinity to rather close up focus. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers, Dean.

Sounds Fabulous!..it also sounds like I'll eventually be wanting one!

Chris - thanks, that packard shutter job had many hours head scratching
    Here's the Dagor threads - shutter mounting and lens hood mounting

Talking of speed graphics, I'm still missing an important screw from the shutter release lever assembly - It's driving me crazy not being able to use the camera!!

Dean, have you looked into the old Strut cameras? You could possibly borrow that design to get an adequate extension on the back that can also compress flat?

If you could find some way to get back tilts that would be cool also.

Perhaps it could be done with 4 lockable, independant posts?

Or even like some sort of mutated 'LensBaby' with some sort of locking mechanism?

Or like Ash said, struts, but they could slide allowing for non parallel locking?

Hee hee hee - when I saw WL was logged on, I knew he was posting to this thread!