Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Excited!!

Re: Getting Excited!!

Dean, don't worry about sending the test negs unless you insist

This is great news though. I can't wait to start shooting now!

Cool also that you used Era - now I know to trust it and will probably buy some boxes once I've repaid all the debt I'm in to obtain this beauty of a camera

Ash is a very lucky man. I should know. I own a Razzle 900 too ...

Episode 19 will appear shortly.....A surprise is in store for Bart.......

The correct link for Ash's camera that now has its own web page is:

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~razzle...ash_s_900.html

I hope it's a good surprise!

Were we both getting a surprise?

Blue Bart and Black Ash

Episode 19 is finally here!....Blue Bart and Black Ash. Barts camera is very near completion with only a little finishing off and testing left to do. Bart wanted a bright blue camera and here it is.
    I cannot help but mention the fact that someone has the concept of movements on a converted Polaroid wrong again. Apparently I must have perfect parallelism first, in order to have anything else and any such movements defeat the purpose for which the camera is designed...that of a 'snapshot' camera?

The front standard fitted to the 900 has clickstops to enable a zero position to be maintained when using the rangefinder to focus. It seems perfectly obvious to me that any deviation from this zero position would require focus and framing be performed using the ground glass screen. The movements of this camera do not purport to simulate those of a view camera and are primarily designed to allow a shift in the point of focus. I would consider the effect to those of a 'Lensbaby', but as usual some fellow has gone off on a tangent stating this feature is 'ridiculous'

The operation of the lensboard can be summed up like this......When using the camera normally as one would most of the time, the board is locked at zero with the aid of the click stops. To achieve swing and rise (rise is only possible when the camera is operated in the horizontal position) it can be positioned wherever most suitable, then locked in place. When attempting tilt in the vertical position the standard must be unclicked from its lockers and slid slightly aft. Tilt is then achieved, but is not lockable. if you look at the pics long enough (no dribbling please) it will soon become apparent.
    No velcro is required in order to hold things together

Hello Dean,

I am not understanding how you are doing click stops for zero detents. Is there a ball bearing or some sort of indent accomplishing that? On my Shen-Hao HZX45A-II, the front tilt has cutout detents, though the swing is simply an alignment zero placement (no detents).

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Clickstops

Gordon, you are correct. The detents act as a guide, with a visual check to see the lensboard is correctly aligned with the baseplate, then by tightening the clamp, it's locked in place.....simple and without the need for any BS......

Perfect!

Thanks Dean. Nice to see the inner workings. I am much more impressed. Indeed . . . elegant simplicity.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio