Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Excited!!

Re: Getting Excited!!

If I decide to shoot film again, Customs-Razzle would be nice!

Price?
    Delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by photobulley View Post
    Wow you guys across the pond have quite a few hands in your pocket, to bad it doesn't feel good.
    You don't know??

http://www.finfacts.ie/costofliving.htm

London is the second most expensive city in the world to live in

And Customs & Excise don't help ;(

Recently our rag papers (tabloid) tell us that around 186,000 people leave the UK for other countries - for a better quality of living. And 576,000 people come to settle in the UK - as refugees and economic migrants, deliberately stirring up dissension.

It's about time the government got rid of the discrepancies here: a digital camera isn't liable to the same taxation rates as an imported whole plate camera. That makes it cheaper for wholesalers to import digicams at relatively knocked down prices compared to the living standards. Whereas traditional photography materials, such as film still commands the usual taxation rates.

Our government's policy has been pro-digital, as a result of this bizarre taxation policy

Quote Originally Posted by Caracalla View Post
    Dean,
    Is your Camera similar to what William Littman is Making? and could you explain in what respect it is different if at all. I was looking at his Cameras Models Vi, VII, well I don't know the difference of improvement he made but his price is through the roof as far as I am concerned
    Well, the Littman is simply a combination of the 110B and a Horseman 4x5 back....whereas Ash's camera is a 900 fitted with a 4x5 Razzlok back of my own design. It also features a newly designed front standard to replace the old 'Electric Eye' abomination
    The range finder fitted to the 110B and the 900 is identical, however the front door and bed assembly is completely different. The 110B has struts to support the front standard, whereas the 900 has a simple locking device to ensure the lensboard remain parallel to the film plane without any fuss. Since the inception of the Razzle, my goal has been to make a hand holdable 4x5 with an accurate range finder that is both affordable and reliable....without fancy names, outrageous claims or exhorbitant cost.

The 'Pink Cadillac' seems bound for fame in the US, so keep an eye out for that.

Ash, I'll have more episodes coming shortly, I have been occupied with digital infrared conversions for the past week or so.....however now I'm concentrating on finishing yours and Barts cameras.

Dean makes one of the most refined of conversions. I have enjoyed seeing the steps involved. There do seem to be several places doing this. I lost the Four Designs website link, though they have converted some of the 1960s Automatic pack film cameras. There is also Wolf Industries.

There are one off conversions too, including this fun one using Lego parts. A nicely done conversion to pack film using fairly simple tools. Some with machine shop tools and experience create quite involved conversions; check out these images.

Oh yeah . . . then there is that Littman conversion, for those with lots of money to burn. So all the way from do it yourself with Legos or hand tools, to having your own machine shop, or finding someone like Dean who is well practiced on doing conversions (as simple as ordering one made for you).

Anyway, this has been a fun thread. At some point in the near future, it might have some shots done by Ash using the camera. That would make a nice exclamation point.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Rob, thanks for the link. It looks like London is on the climb, up three spots from last year. Who knows maybe next year it will be in first. Something to shoot for I guess.

It's a shame the government is "pro-digital" and these cameras get a break on taxes. I'm not against digital per se but I don't think special rates should apply to one and not the other.

The Pink Cadillac was for sale?

Doh, If I'd known that I'd have bought it.

Well, It looks like I need to take measurements of this 120 Symmar-S I have so that I can possibly get a Blue Cookie Monster made.

Quote Originally Posted by bartf View Post
    The Pink Cadillac was for sale?

Doh, If I'd known that I'd have bought it.

Well, It looks like I need to take measurements of this 120 Symmar-S I have so that I can possibly get a Blue Cookie Monster made.

Hi Bart....there's still time to replace the dull grey leatherette on your camera with that of nice blue? Would you prefer a light or dark blue 'Cookie Monster'?

I was made an offer for the Caddy that I couldn't refuse. Think I prefer purple.

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~razzle/

Hi Dean,

I'll take the louder blue please

Now if you'll excuse me I have some grafmatics to maintain.
    Last edited by bartf; 27-Aug-2007 at 21:05.

How's it going Dean?

Bart's Blue Bag

Ash, your camera is very close to completion....I just had to manufacture a few more roll film back adapters and source Bart's blue bag.
    The next episode will screen shortly........