Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Excited!!

Re: Getting Excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by bartf View Post
    I'm excited too!
    Hell.... I'm excited and I've already owned mine for almost a year!!!

Bart... noticed from your website that you're in the 650 area code. I'm down in Sunnyvale. If you've never seen a Razzle in real life and want to see what's coming, drop me a line!

D.

Don't worry Bart, your camera is almost done!

Episode 2 goes like this. The 900 bellows has an odd front plate to match up to the 'Electric Eye' shutter assembly, as this is discarded (I'll explain how to remove that later) Either bellows from a 110A/B need to be used or the front plate drilled out to 40mm. I made a jig that has four pins to locate the bellows and prevent them spinning, along with a brass bush to keep the pilot drill centralised. Bellows are removed by undoing the four screws in the front standard. Gentle prying with wide bladed screwdriver will release them from the body. Straighten the rails if they become a little distorted, before refitting them with polyurethane adhesive later.

Cheers.

Still in the preliminaries, we arrive at Episode 3. Ashley requested a change in covering from 'ghost grey', (the original unimaginative colour Polaroid used back in 1960), to a colour that will reflect his stylish wardrobe, so it has to be replaced. A heat gun is the best way to do this, but go easy....the old skin is needed as a pattern. Once removed, apply a little heat then press it flat using a suitable weight, then you can trace the exact shape on the new covering.

MMMmmm... That black should look good.

It's a pity though - I was going to send you some dark hand-tanned goatskin I was given once. It would have looked great!

OK Ash....ship it over! I haven't stuck the black as yet. Does goatskin reflect the theme of your wardrobe?

Cheers, Dean.

Not in the slightest Dean!

I doubt there's enough for the Razzle, it's a small sheet - maybe next time

Episode 4

I had already prepared well for the excitement and fabricated a few front standards. Only one assembly is required for Ashley's camera, so it's polished and ready to install on the bed. This unit has click stops to allow for the zero position that's required when using the range finder focus. As lockable movements are not feasible on a 110B, this is a decided advantage of the 900.

Look Mom no struts!

The outcome of Episode 4 is a new front standard fitted in place of the old 'Electric Eye' and capable of lockable movements. Not like those found on a view camera, but it does allow one to be a little adventurous with selective focus. For this we will need a ground glass screen, so that will be Episode 5.

It's all coming together now!

Hey Ash, it's great to see a craftsman at work. It also makes a change to see good honest workmanship and honesty, with no bull-shit :-)

Maybe if I sell a few of my 5x4 cameras I can buy one of Deans excellent Polaroid conversions.

Ian