This is not just a LF ? But I have more difficulty with this problem when I'm using LF. I shoot a lot of Industrial work for documentation. So in general the subject is a process or piece of equipment and any indivduals that end up in the photo are just incedental and of no general import ance to the finished photo. This is where LF really shows it's superiority. My problem is that I usually try to give a copy of the prints to anyone who was in the photo(release trade)and they are usually very thankful. My problem is when t he indivual(s) are are Blacks. Because I have to expose for the actual Subject(n ot the person)the finished prints have all of the LF wonder but I almost allways loose the detail in thier faces(sometimes to the extent that you can not tell who they are). These are usually men and they have a great deal caracter a nd whould add to the finished print, plus I would just like to be able to give t hem a print they can take home and show their families that shows who they are. I asked a friend who is Black and a profesional photographer(he only shoots 35mm ) and he had no sugestions except to offer that he doesn't think it has as much efect in 35mm because he feels the mind of the viewer fills in a lot of the blanks since we are not talking about the extreem detail and enlargement as in LF where this is an issue.

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks,