Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye, bye, Adorama

Re: Bye, bye, Adorama

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    MPEX is most often the first place I'll check when I'm looking for used gear!
    Ditto and I'm local to Adorama.

I'll never forget going by Adorama to eyeball a Leitz lens they had listed on Ebay as virtually "mint" --- with a nice scratch across one of the "eyes".

I've also had the "in-stock" now "Backordered" runaround with them. Never again.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Jan,

We, HP MArketing Corp., are the manufacturer of the CombiPlan T system. What part was missing? ....
    Bob,
    thank you for this post. I bought this tank some two years ago. It was brand new, not the demo. After contacting Adorama customer service I called HP Marketing and I got this missing part. I amd not sure which one it was but it was an important one. I recall I could not use the tank without it, it was one of those orange clips.

best wishes,

Jan

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

I purchased 6x7 cardboard "K Mounts" from adorama for years until they stopped carrying them. Never had a problem. Then one Sunday, 2 or 3 years ago, I saw a used Toyo 45AX in E+ condition on their website for $650 which was a very good price. I snapped it up on the spot. The next day I got a phone call from them saying that someone had purchased that camera about 10 minutes before I did but they had a 45AX in "demo" condition with warranty for $795 - still a very good price for that camera ao I authorized the additional charge. The camera arrived well-packed (with the folding focusing hood) and in what you hoped "demo" condition meant but with a sticker E+ still on the camera. I guess shipping forgot to switch the labels. I called them up and complained. It took almost a month but they finally put the $145 back on my card. Compared to what everyone else was charging, $795 was a great price - one not to pass-up. $650 was a steal!! Thanks for the bait and switch Adorama!!

Another in-stock/back-ordered victim here. Rosco gels sure are hard to get a hold of. 2 months of e-mail black-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ling Z View Post
    About two months ago, I ordered a used Sinar X by phone. After a week, I found they (eBay ID: adorwin) listed a used Sinar X with same SKU#, so I called their customer service and told them something must be wrong since each used item has a unique SKU#. They told me that everything was fine with my order and that I would receive my camera in a week. However, ten days later, right after the auction closed with a final price about $300 higher than what I paid, they cancelled my order as they told me the camera was actually in much worse condition and they could not sell it.
    I'm no legal expert, but if you have a receipt for that item and the ebay ID I think that's fraud and false advertising. I have little patience for such things...I'd report it to the NY Attorney General's office and the NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs. Then I'd report it to the Better Business Bureau, and jot off some nasty letters to the company. All takes about 20 mins of your time, and makes someone's life there most unpleasant.

--A

Sure wish this thread had started back in May before I ordered my Tech V from them. It maight have saved me the grief I'm going through now. The busted to pieces Tech is on its way back to Adorama with instructions to refund. I will be tracking the package progress, and the minute it is signed for I will be on the phone to customer service. I am hoping the squeaky wheel gets the grease...

Rick,

Be sure to post what happens--- that was one of the worst mail-order sagas I've read in a long time. What a horror to open that box.

JT

Re: Freeestyle's web site:

Quote Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
    I agree, but their website is terrible.
    Interesting - I have found it fast and easy.

Best,

C

Freestyle has outstanding customer service - they even special ordered boxes of metric sized Efke film for me. They have a very good inventory and even have a "low stock" warning on website items when they're running low on it.
    I do wish J&C were still around - but Freestyle is great!
    Robert Newcomb
    Last edited by rknewcomb; 7-Aug-2007 at 13:59. Reason: spelling

With all the camera stores that are closing why can't this be one of them?