Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Meetings?

Scottish Meetings?

I know Colin Robertson is in the Western isles so it's a bit of a long distance for me.. So anyone in the Central / Tayside easter block fancy an outing?

Steven

Re: Scottish Meetings?

When? I'm off in October, but I'll need notice; where do you plan to meet and for how long? I was in the Outer Hebrides last year, and never wanted to come home.
    Regards, Uri

Hi Steve, I am on the west coast too but get over to the mainland fairly regularly, when had you in mind?

Uri, let us know when you are over and maybe we cou;d sort some time for a few days out, ever been to Mull or the inner Isles?

Cheers

Gari

I too would be interested but would need a little notice - away for the next couple of weeks in the states!

Hi Steve. You've made some very interesting posts, and I like your attitude. Best of luck getting a meet together. Don't know if you're aware of this but there is a UK based forum where they DO arrange group shoots, www.lf-photo.org.uk
    I did try to register with the site, and got completely blanked by them (twice). Maybe they'd already heard about me , or maybe they're tossers. It couldn't hurt to go check them out.
    Carl- where are you? Before life in the Hebrides I'm originaly from East Kilbride!!

I'll be back home in August for a few weeks, was anything sorted here?

CP Goerz

Hi Colin

UK LF is up and running - not sure why you can't get subscribed, maybe they have heard

We are near to High Blantyre - I always say Glasgow as it saves a lot of explaining to most people. Work in the Gorbals - having just moved there from an office in Castlemilk

Spent a lot of time on Outer Hebrides in a former life - want to spend some time on Islay and Jura pretty soon - we have been on Mull & Iona and Harris & Lewis in the last couple of years. Where are you?

All the best, Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Robertson View Post
    Hi Steve. You've made some very interesting posts, and I like your attitude. Best of luck getting a meet together. Don't know if you're aware of this but there is a UK based forum where they DO arrange group shoots, www.lf-photo.org.uk
    I did try to register with the site, and got completely blanked by them (twice). Maybe they'd already heard about me , or maybe they're tossers. It couldn't hurt to go check them out.
    Carl- where are you? Before life in the Hebrides I'm originaly from East Kilbride!!

Coigach Gathering '06

I will be at Achnahaird Farm in Coigach for the last week in June and the first three weeks in July. If anyone cares to join up for a spot of late night bog trotting (or whisky if really wet) it would be fun to meet some other LF-ers.

The area's great for photography, hiking, climbing, kayaking, diving and general grockle gawping. Fine food. Dismal beer. Great light.

Ok I can arrange something for the Mull area definately. The Lochaline part has silicon mines, castles, quick boat to the mainland plus I might be able to swing a deal with John the manager of Ardtornish Estate http://www.ardtornish.co.uk

I'll check more details but all I can say is beautiful area with reasonably easy travel to and from.

Colin, Thanks for the response to my comments and so on. I have to admit I'm quite adament that largeformat participants need shaken up an awful lot here. All the digital non digital stuff and general circular discussions on art. It's always good to be the one who's outspoken

Struan, I'll maybe take you up on the offer. My brother and a couple of us just kayaked up the great glen last week. So a weekend spent taking photos and enjoying some outdoor activities will be great.

We can also rectify the beer situation by careful pre-emptive fridge filling