Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Publish Your Photos Here!

Paul Cocklin

Re: Publish Your Photos Here!

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    great idea ... maybe a first in publishing? the first-come-first-serve art book.
    to keep with the no-editing spirit, are you going to print the images in the order they're received?

I hope not, I think mine was first, and that may just turn people off to the whole book...

Well, maybe just the thumbnails of the images. If everyone could see the whole prints, then why would they need a book? However since the photos belong to the folks who took the shots, they're always free to post their own photos here (and of course I'd ask for their permission before I posted the thumbs too)

Old School Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    If everyone could see the whole prints, then why would they need a book?
    Thats sort of how I feel about posting them in any form, thumbnail or not. The surprise and novelty of seeing them all together would be lost. Why bother with the book? I also think it could raise ahem...cough... "issues". Though thats just a vague, uneasy gut feeling, and I cant be any more specific. Its just one more step where'll you have to deal with input from dozens of people, rather than just saying "take it or leave it" when the final product is done.

Wayne

Yeah, point taken. Rescind my request for image postings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Thats sort of how I feel about posting them in any form, thumbnail or not. The surprise and novelty of seeing them all together would be lost. Why bother with the book? I also think it could raise ahem...cough... "issues". Though thats just a vague, uneasy gut feeling, and I cant be any more specific. Its just one more step where'll you have to deal with input from dozens of people, rather than just saying "take it or leave it" when the final product is done.

Wayne

Yeah you're right. Nevermind then. Go ahead and just email them to me. It'll be a total suprise!

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Thanks for doing this guys- it'll be great to see the final product! My image has been e-mailed. What is the latest count on submitted images?
    Brian Vuillemenot

Total count thus far: 20 contributors!

We're a quarter of the way there!

Old School Wayne

What exactly is an "alternate" image, and why would we need one? Exactly what information and how many lines/ characters are allowed in the description that goes with each photo?

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    What exactly is an "alternate" image, and why would we need one? Exactly what information and how many lines/ characters are allowed in the description that goes with each photo?

Wayne

Some people took it upon themselves to send a favorite photo but they included another one or two. I don't know what we'll do with the extras - perhaps use them if we fall short of the total required.

I;m not sure how many characters per line but all that;s necessary is your name and the name of your image, not a description of the image.

Cyrus, has anyone contacted QT about using an image of his for the cover? Or we Frank could stick one of his on it. I'd be happy with that, since he got stuck with fixing all our pathetic scan-jobs and looking after the "look" of the book.