Thread: Jobo parts?

Jobo parts?

My Jobo processor has served me well for many years, but lately the drum is slipping during the rotation; it appears the white plastic gears that rotate the drum are slipping, because they have become too worn.
    Does anyone know where to find replacement parts for the Jobo rotary processors?

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Re: Jobo parts?

Omega-Satter has the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by John Z. View Post
    My Jobo processor has served me well for many years, but lately the drum is slipping during the rotation; it appears the white plastic gears that rotate the drum are slipping, because they have become too worn.
    Does anyone know where to find replacement parts for the Jobo rotary processors?
    It might not be that they are too worn, they might simply be slipping out. This happened to me and like a fool I wnt and bought another lift, only to find out I could push the pin back in a lock it in the old one.

Lift the lift and look at it from the back, put your thumb on the back where the pin for the gear slides in and press from the front. This will most likely fix your problem.

I will try that, thank you very much!!

I tried to fix the gears that were slipping, but there was no quick fix. Satter does have the parts-I called them directly. After thinking about it for awhile though, I made the decision to switch to the Magnet drums, which do not require the gear drive on the Jobo.
    This may be the better solution in the long run, since I believe that the gears will eventually slip and become worn when using the bigger heavier drums. All the drums can be equipped with the magnets instead of gears. Only drawback is that you cannot use the lift mechanism with the magnet drums, but I don't use it anyway.

I will let you know how the magnet drums work after I have a chance to try them.

I live in Michigan and when Jobo was in Ann Arbor, they always had parts and could service people to fix the equipment. I was using an ATL-1 at the time and was told that there were almost no parts for that unit as it was the first ATL machine. It was suggested that I get a later unit. I found an ATL-2000 on ebay at a good price and it looked good in the pictures and I was too far away to go see it. After using it for a few months, I found that it needed some repairs and Jobo was no longer in Ann Arbor. Greg at Omega-Satter could not help as Jobo did not train him. I did find Electromechanical Servives owned by Dave Smith in Los Angeles, CA. Dave is Jobo trained and has some parts in stock. I sent my unit to him and he rebuilt it. It now works as it was intended to. Dave looks over equipment and then gives an estimate. His Phone No. is 323-227-1869 and his email is <joboman@aol.com>. He is very knowledgeable and very helpful. There are many on this forum who can repair there own units and there are those os us who need help. It would be a great help if you know of other people who repair Jobo equipment to give their contact information so it would be available on the Forum.