Thread: cleaning scanner base glass

cleaning scanner base glass

I have an eversmart pro scanner and the parts of the glass have film over it. Mostly because of a small amount of aztek fluid that got underneath some mylar when I was experimenting with doy wetscanning.

I called the company where I purchased the kit from re: cleaning and they said to use any kind of glass cleaner without ammonia in it as this would take of the coating.

I have been using windex with vinegar in it but still cant seem to get completely clean.

Any ideas?

Thanks

George

wfwhitaker

Re: cleaning scanner base glass

I use a product called Hope's Perfect Glass to clean glass surfaces such as for contact printing frames, etc. The label states that it is ammonia-free. They claim no streaks, haze or residue. It's worked very well for me. YMMV. I've found it at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

I use several different brands of liquid lens cleaner. I figure that if it's good enough for lenses it should be fine for scanner glass though I've never had a really dirty glass so maybe it wouldn't be strong enough for your problem.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by George Kara View Post
    I have an eversmart pro scanner and the parts of the glass have film over it. Mostly because of a small amount of aztek fluid that got underneath some mylar when I was experimenting with doy wetscanning.

I called the company where I purchased the kit from re: cleaning and they said to use any kind of glass cleaner without ammonia in it as this would take of the coating.

I have been using windex with vinegar in it but still cant seem to get completely clean.

Any ideas?
    Aztek has Kami drum cleaner specifically designed to clean Kami scanner fluid from scanner surfaces.

Bruce Watson

Prazio has cleaner designed to scanner surfaces and alsowipes specifically formulated for the purpose too ... another alternative to the Aztek products.

You think THAT'S bad... I've got lint UNDERNEATH my coverglass! Guess I have to figure out how to get it off...(the coverglass - well, the lint too, apparently!)