Hi all,

I am sure this one has been discussed a few times, but it seems people are learning new methods as the years progress. The questions deal with the subject title.

1) For developing a sheet of film 6.5X8.5 and larger, what process is better, using a Jobo CPP-2 or doing it the old fashioned tray way?

2) Expense wise, is there a difference in the price of materials that go into developing the Neg? What would be cheaper, the Jobo or the Tray?

3) In terms of printing, do those that use the Jobo prefer to use it also to make the "contact" of the negative OR take the Jobo developed neg and do it via the traditional Contact method...and the pros/cons/whys involved?

I know these Jobo processors go for quite a bit and the drums, the 3000 series in specific are what people would say are "necessary" to get optimal results. From my standpoint, if contact printing is similar in cost in materials, and will yield as good of results, a last question would be:

4) Why would someone pay $600 or so for the CPP-2 (often for just the processor/lift and no drums) and then pay another $250 for the Drum when $850 can buy you basically 1000 sheets of Illford 8X10 film?

Thanks all for your help because I am very much interested in getting a Jobo and will shoot E-6 along the way (I know Jobo would be fine for this process), though I will be "primarily" shooting b/w. I would say 80-85% b/w and 15-20% color.