All: I posted the message below on the APUG website and then thought it would be a good idea to post it here, too. Regards, Markus Albertz

I remember reading this post a while ago:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/2...den-death.html

and thinking "what an unlucky fellow, of course it is highly unlikely that this will ever happen to me".

Well, several months, about 60 underexposed Efke 8x10 negatives, and a lengthy period of questioning and analyzing my processing routine later, it finally caught up with me and I remembered the above posting...

Turns out, I had (2) 50 sheet boxes of Efke PL100 with emulsion number 510612 (note that EM 510613 in the above post was among the ones that were described as consistently underexposed). My own film speed testing and printing completed just last night confirms that my film packaged as PL100 is in fact PL50!

Needless to say that this is rather frustrating, and together with an emulsion flaw on a previous box of Efke (sinoidal banding consistently running along the long sides of the sheets), I think I will use up my remaining supplies of Efke and then switch products.

I even consider testing every box of sheet film from now on. One sheet from the top, another from the bottom should be somewhat representative of what is actually in the box.

Anyway, this is more of a rant than of any importance. On the other hand, I am sure others have Efke sheet film in the freezer. If you do, check the emulsion number and see if you are anywhere near 510612.

Regards,

Markus Albertz