Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Hao 8X10

Re: Shen Hao 8X10

The measured dimensions are 32.3cm by 35.5cm by 11.4cm. These dimensions are measured to the outer limits of the knobs, screws, etc. The longest dimension is associated with the two large knobs on the rear standard that locks it into place. Each of these knobs extend ~ one and a half cm from the side of the camera. The measured weight (without a lens board) is eight pounds, 10 ounces. The very nice aluminum case that you can get with the camera weighs 6 pounds, 3 ounces. Attached is a photo of what it looks like folded up.
    Cheers,
    Dave B.

My guess was off by 0.3cm lol.

Lovely camera isn`t , I was out using my 5x7-version today, always a pleasure.
    Love the focusing.
    Amund

Thanks, Dave. There might be another one finding its home soon.

John:
    I am very happy with the camera. I spent the weekend in a local park taking pictures and it is a joy to use. For the price, it is a bargain. If someone stole it, I would buy another one.
    Cheers,
    Dave B.

Thanks for sharing. By the way, at this price how is this compared to Canham? Canham seems lighter, has longer bellow, of course about 700$ more.

Hi Dave,
    iin this thread http://www.largeformatphotography.in...t=19657&page=6 the owner of the 5x7 version of your camera writes that his camera has only 22mm of front rise, not the 60mm advertised ---- how´s that with your one? 80mm all right? And are you still happy with it?
    Greetings
    Michael

oh, and yet another question... when using a 240mm lens, do I have to unscrew/ remount the front standard erery time I fold up the camera? And: Does it fold up with a small lens (e.g. the 240 G-Claron) mounted?
    Thanks
    M

Michael:
    The front rise is roughly 95mm plus or minus a mm or so. Drop is ~40mm. The way you fold the camera is by rotating the frame on the front standard to lay flat. You do not need to unscrew it. It does not look like there is any room for a lens to be mounted when folded. The front standard lays flat on the camera base and there is no hole in the base for a lens to fit into as is true for the Toyo 45CF for example. You will need to remove the lens before folding the camera up.
    Cheers,
    Dave B.

Dave: Another note offered FWIW only as I see a small folding error in the imge above. I know Shen's don't come with instructions, but to fold, you should lock front axis tilt, raise the front standard until the pins can slip out the rear of the supports. Then you fold the front standard back on itself as you fold the main support rearward on the base. The little pins that come out to allow the board to flip should slide back into the top of the frame. If you don't do it that way, the front standard can rest fully face down on the bed and the relese levers for the board and board adapter will scratch it up pretty quickly.

FWIW only,
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

Hi Dave,

May I ask how wide the lens is you have in these photos, and whether the camera bed is in view when you are using it?

Cheers
    Chris