Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bad day (sort of)

A bad day (sort of)

Then there are those of us who are better then the rest of you because we never forget to bring the meter or the camera. Its the film that we leave behind!

A bad day (sort of)

I can just see myself on the sumit of Everest, looking around in awe, getting the 4x5 setup, and saying to myself, well, the last time I saw the spotmeter was at base camp, right?

A bad day (sort of)

BTW...Everest has been filmed in IMAX, and it is an awesome piece of work. The film crew was on the mountain in 1996, the same time as the infamous blizzard that resulted in several deaths. The film crew gave up much valuable time to help in the rescue.

The story is documented in the book "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakaur...and it is an excellent read about how everything can go to hell in a very short period of time.

Check out the website at http://www.outsidemag.com/magazine/0996/9609feev.html

A bad day (sort of)

Hmmm! Well, I am happy to see that there are others that roar off and forget their cameras. I am at the age where if my children found out, they might consider putting me in a controlled environment. I assume you guys are younger so I can claim that is just a natural thing for photographers to do-right?