Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying Sheet Film in Israel.

Buying Sheet Film in Israel.

I'm going to be doing a lot of shooting in Israel over the next year, documenting the architecture of Jerusalem and working on the mix of ancient, old and new.

I'll be shooting in B&W but would prefer not to have to bother with the hassle of taking film out there, etc, etc.

Does anyone know of where I can get hold of sheet film in Israel? I assume Tel Aviv being the commerce capital should have resources for this kind of thing.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Ben

Re: Buying Sheet Film in Israel.

The Ilford website identifies their distributor in Israel as:

Jugend Bros 2003 Ltd.
    Ben - Yehuda 5 St., Tel Aviv, Israel 63801
    Tel 03 - 7969007
    Fax 03 - 5107008
    Email sales@jugend.co.il
    Website http://www.jugend.co.il

The website is entirely in Hebrew, and as best I can tell, doesn't currently list any B&W sheet film. But perhaps you can make arrangements for them to bring in whatever you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rubinstein View Post
    I'm going to be doing a lot of shooting in Israel over the next year, documenting the architecture of Jerusalem and working on the mix of ancient, old and new.

I'll be shooting in B&W but would prefer not to have to bother with the hassle of taking film out there, etc, etc.

Does anyone know of where I can get hold of sheet film in Israel? I assume Tel Aviv being the commerce capital should have resources for this kind of thing.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Ben
    Photo Prizma on Rehov Yaffo in Jerusalem. They are right across from Kikar Tzahal and about 100m from their old store, I don't have their phone # handy, but if you need it PM me and I can find it when I get home.

They have 4x5, including some Illford B&W film, Fuji and Kodak Slide and print film. If you need something specific it would be best to call them.

they also have chemistry in stock if you want to develop at home.

To be honest I've yet to find a lab I'm really thrilled with. Right now I'm helping a friend get his Jobo working again so we can use that.

Zach, if you get profficient with developing I'll give you the work! Can't say I recognise photo prizma, is that the one next to binyan klal and opposite kikar davidka? I would love to know what their prices are, especially for the Ilford.

I just bought a apartment in Kiriyat Hayovel (about the only affordable place left in Jeru, or it was in December!), we have to get in touch when I get back this coming December.

No its down at the other end, across from the bottom of Ben Yehuda. I work in Talpiot, and live on a yishuv outside of town.

The Fuji Velvia was 151 NIS for a 10 box in 4x5. Next time I'm there I'll try to remember to get prices on the Ilford. If you can get a big box of it in the UK it might be worth it for you to bring it over.

As for developing for now I'm working on getting my friends Jobo working, but I think we will be doing E-6 on that. (He is a pro, I'm not)

Prisma can be reached at http://www.photoprisma.co.il or 972 2 623 4796

Thanks Zach, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rubinstein View Post
    Thanks Zach, much appreciated.
    No problem

Ben,

Jugend is an excellent source for film and paper, but it's in TA. So am I, feel free to look me up when you're around. You can also ship yourself some film from freestyle, and if you buy their cheaper 4x5 stuff it's worth it, as a pack of 25 sheets ilford runs about 100 shequels here, whereas the freestyle edu is about $30 for 100 sheets, plus about$25 shipping. If you buy a bunch of stuff, it's worth it. I'd try it in the States and see how you like it. Good luck w your project,

GB

in terms of ordering from the USA, does anyone know how bad the customs hit is likely to be on that? B&H is cheaper than anything I can get here, but if it costs me a huge amount in customs its not worth it.