Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fatali prints: digital ?

Re: Fatali prints: digital ?

What is wrong with you people?

Have you any idea how petty and awful reading this unpleasant thread about another photographer can seem?

I can't stand MF's work, but to start insinuating that he is 'disingenious' or 'dishonest' because of his blurb, really questions the intelligence of forum writer's here, who may not understand what l-i-be-l-l-o-u-s means.

Sorry to have come across this thread. I'll put it on my ignore list now.

take it easy rob. attempting to induce guilt onto people is not exactly the most pleasant thing to do either.
    best to just walk away and not say anything if you don't like what you read.
    it's as easy as 1-2-3

Quote Originally Posted by lostcoyote View Post
    take it easy rob. attempting to induce guilt onto people is not exactly the most pleasant thing to do either.
    best to just walk away and not say anything if you don't like what you read.
    it's as easy as 1-2-3
    Good idea.

I don't care for his work much either, and I don't know why this guy seems to raise so much negative passion in others.

Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Good idea.

I don't care for his work much either, and I don't know why this guy seems to raise so much negative passion in others.
    I read somewhere, maybe here, that if you have to ask why the answer is almost always money.

why doesn't somebody who thinks one of his website pictures is fake natural light go over to his website, get the link, and post it here for examination.

reflected light in slot canyons takes on a much warmer hue on film than what appears to the human eye.

Michael E. Gordon

why doesn't somebody who thinks one of his website pictures is fake natural light go over to his website, get the link, and post it here for examination.
    Here ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    I don't know why this guy seems to raise so much negative passion in others.
    Well, I think it all started when it was discovered that at a workshop he used Duraflame logs set in aluminum foil roasting pans to light Utah's "Delicate Arch" and after stomping out the flames, managed to leave residue all around the surrounding rock. The fires were illegal; he was doing it in a teaching situation no less; he was damaging the site for others; and he was making fine art photographers look bad. He also makes a very big deal in his literature about using only "nature's light," but apparently by his definition this includes Duraflame logs. He defended himself saying that this was a very common technique employed by many landscape photographers, but no one's come up with any other examples, and I've never seen any Duraflame logs in the lighting department at B&H, and even if this were an accepted lighting technique, that would not excuse its illegality in places where he's photographed.

Michael,

That light doesn't look very natural to me, at least based on the times I have been to the Racetrack. Maybe FT has access to some Velvia that isn't available to the general public.

That image you linked has a Thomas Kincaid look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gordon View Post
    thanks mike.

keep in mind that there is a mountain behind the photographer in that scene and the area where the rocks are might be on th edge of the mountains shadow.

however, if that was the case, the area which is black above the lakebed would be in sunlight as well.

the orange could be that orange if there was an orange sunset going on overhead but then if that was the case, there would be no long shadows...

so yeah, it's wildly manipulated.

i have been there.
    guilty as charged - lolol

Wink Re: Fatali prints: digital ?

thanks mike.

keep in mind that there is a mountain behind the photographer in that scene and the area where the rocks are might be on th edge of the mountains shadow.

however, if that was the case, the area which is black above the lakebed would be in sunlight as well.

the orange could be that orange if there was an orange sunset going on overhead but then if that was the case, there would be no long shadows...

so yeah, it's wildly manipulated.

i have been there.
    guilty as charged - lolol
    That can't be true. Fatali states:

"I use only natural light for all the images made for the gallery collection of handmade photographic prints. To me, using nature's light is the best way to express the wonders of natural phenomena."

You aren't saying that he lies, are you?