Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Girl and her Dog (first outing w/ 5x7)

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Re: Girl and her Dog (first outing w/ 5x7)

I second using a home-made slosher. I used nylon screws and nuts to hold the film off the nylon (or arcrylic? white plastic, I think its nylon) sheet. I drilled lots of holes in it (grid pattern) so the chemicals would circulate well on the back. No problems with development!

Hmmmm, slosher trays....I like the idea...I just don't have that kinda counter space in any room in the house that could be feasibly be made totally dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post
    You can also get a Jobo Expert drum and just a roller base for it and do up to 5 sheets of 5x7 at a time in the 3010 drum.

YES! This is what I was looking for. Strange...the blurb about the Jobo expert drums on their website makes no mention of the 5x7 capability.

Thanks guys for the ideas.

Michael Alpert

The Jobo 3006 drum holds 6 5x7 sheets and is designed for that size. The 3010 drum is designed for 10 4x5 sheets. I have not tried to make a 3010 drum work for 5x7; I suppose it might work okay, though being larger it would use more chemistry than you need. And the ridge to separate 4x5 sheets might interfere--I'm not sure about this. Anyway, you might as well get the right drum for the sheet size.