Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Estate Planning - where will your gear go?

Re: Estate Planning - where will your gear go?

Just a sec, haven't you guys noticed: there are NO photographs being sent back from the afterlife. It's obvious why: no one is taking their cameras with them! So I'm being buried with my camera around my neck, and a wireless JPEG transmitter on my belt. It'll be a whole new body of work, wait, I mean, a whole new out-of-body of work...

Chris, I love that response !

Seriously, we should all consider when we reach 'that' age (whenever that may be), we should find a protoge, a younger family member preferably, and teach them everything we know about LF, traditional B&W and film photography.

This way we are keeping the knowledge alive and also have someone to leave our gear to ...

My girlfriend is eleven years younger than me and has always had her eye on my Phillips ....

My Will says cremation for me. I think I will add my equipment to that list. I will be doing everybody a favor since there will be less equipment in the marketplace and that means your stuff will be worth more.

Pete

Pete, give me the address of the crematorium, I'd love to dispose of your camera gear for you *shifty eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bose View Post
    My girlfriend is eleven years younger than me and has always had her eye on my Phillips ....
    If she is eleven years younger, and her eyes are on your "Phillips", you might start looking for another girlfriend

I don't think there will be any problem disposing of all my photo stuff. Low-end woodies and enlargers and such will probably make a great fire in the fireplace for oh, about 2 minutes.

How about selling the gear in advance, but retaining a "life estate", so the future croakor could continue to use it? Sort of like a reverse annuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy H View Post
    If she is eleven years younger, and her eyes are on your "Phillips", you might start looking for another girlfriend

I don't think there will be any problem disposing of all my photo stuff. Low-end woodies and enlargers and such will probably make a great fire in the fireplace for oh, about 2 minutes.

If she's 11 years younger AND has eyes for ANY view amera, I want her phone number so I can tell her I'd buy her one of her very own!

Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    How about selling the gear in advance, but retaining a "life estate", so the future croakor could continue to use it? Sort of like a reverse annuity.
    The sad fact is, many of us have enough value in gear it probably should be listed in a living trust...
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

All my gear is being sent to MOMA because I will surely be famous by the time I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post

Me, being the eternal pessimist wouldn't do such a thing even if I had a lawyer draw up the agreement. With my luck, I'd want to go over to use the equipment and see a new Porsche in the driveway of the equipment "keeper".....