Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Is having many lenses overrated?

Re: Is having many lenses overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by John Berry View Post
    Just think, when I croak, my kids will have that many more $15.00 tages to make out for the garage sale.
    I wonder if that would make a nice thread, what will happen to people's lenses (or camera equipment) when they pass away? I'd hate to think that my stuff might get sold off for a very small price when I'm gone. I don't have anyone to leave the stuff to (not that I'm planning on leaving soon) and besides, how many times have you seen a string like "I was just given ---- and I'd like to know how much I can sell it for."

As much as I like the idea of minimalism, I have to admit that it doesn't always work for me either. I was out earlier in the week with only the 4x5's, but I tossed the 240 and 450 from the 8x10 kit in the car with me just in case. As it turned out, the first scene I set up to capture needed the 240 -- which is NOT one of my "normal" 4x5 kit lenses. For this image, the 300 was a step too long and there was no room for me to back up. The 150 was of course too short, but the 240 was perfect. Fortunately I was within a hundred yards of the car, so grabbing the 240 was no big deal. Sure, I could have made a good image with the 300, and tried, but it was clearly a different image than the one I made with the 240.
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I wonder if that would make a nice thread, what will happen to people's lenses (or camera equipment) when they pass away? I'd hate to think that my stuff might get sold off for a very small price when I'm gone. I don't have anyone to leave the stuff to (not that I'm planning on leaving soon) and besides, how many times have you seen a string like "I was just given ---- and I'd like to know how much I can sell it for."
    Interesting question. See this thread