Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5x7 Holders

Re: 5x7 Holders

Gary, I really appreciate your efforts in working with Toyo to size the effort and costs. At $80+ I'll have to pass.

Michael Alpert

Before others try to jump on a boat that has not been built, I think I should say that Fotoman has not yet publicly committed itself to 5x7 holders; as far as I can tell, they are exploring the possibility.

Let's see who can make good holders with tight tolerances before we exclude any option.

Given that these holders are not easy to make correctly, and that they last for many years (that is, if solidly built), I am going to opt for the holder of the highest quality, even if it turns out to be the one that is somewhat more expensive.

Michael Alpert

I now see that there is anoher thread in which Paul Drulok has said that Fotoman is going to have 5x7 holders made. Still, I am going to wait to see how all this unfolds before saying what I'll buy. I need some more 5x7 holders, so I know I'll be purchasing a dozen of more from someone.

Thanks for all your efforts here Gary! I definitely need another 6 or so holders and if the Toyo is the only option I'll buy them, but with the Fotoman showing up, I'd rather wait and see if I can get them for the lower price.

I will take at least 10 of the Toyo holders as the price is proportional in costs between their 4x5 and 8x10 holders last I checked.

At this point I feel that it would be great for all parties to have an approximate time line as to when the Chinese 5x7 holders could be ready for delivery? Three months, eight months? Longer? At this point we have several balls in the air and based upon some of the posted comments folks are already making their decision to go with the least cost option and that is fine.

The best decisions are made with the most accurate information. Maybe it is just me, but I do not feel that as of this point there is sufficient information to feel completely confident that the market demand for 5x7 holders will be sequestered. But I am highly hopeful that this will be the case.

Cheers!

Thanks for all the kind words.

I have to give them an answer by the end of the month, so I will leave this open until until March 30th. For anybody who is still interested, please let me know.

Thanx.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    I will take at least 10 of the Toyo holders as the price is proportional in costs between their 4x5 and 8x10 holders last I checked.

At this point I feel that it would be great for all parties to have an approximate time line as to when the Chinese 5x7 holders could be ready for delivery? Three months, eight months? Longer? At this point we have several balls in the air and based upon some of the posted comments folks are already making their decision to go with the least cost option and that is fine.

The best decisions are made with the most accurate information. Maybe it is just me, but I do not feel that as of this point there is sufficient information to feel completely confident that the market demand for 5x7 holders will be sequestered. But I am highly hopeful that this will be the case.

Cheers!
    Barring unforseen problems (not unheard of), we are anticipating being able to ship product in 90-120 days from the time we submit approved drawings.

Our first 4x10 holders will be arriving on Apil 10th, the drawings having been approved on February 8th... you can gage it from there. We will likely not submit drawings for the 5x7 & WP holders until after having examined the 4x10's carefully... so best guess would be mid-July to mid-August for delivery.

Obviously there's a lot of testing to be performed, perhaps revisions the the molds (not uncommon), and considerations like packaging before we'll be ready to market the product. Having already gone through this on the 4x10's will make the 5x7 and WP holders a faster proposition though.

Gary, you've done a lot of work on this, and I am going to stick with the Toyo. So as long as the price stays close to what you quoted, I’ll go for 12 Toyo 5x7 holders. I hope the Fotoman holders come through, and when they do I’ll put in an order for them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Smith View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words.

I have to give them an answer by the end of the month, so I will leave this open until until March 30th. For anybody who is still interested, please let me know.

Thanx.

Gary
    I also want to express my appreciation for your hard work on this project.

All things considered, for Toyo to expect that over 500 holders can be sold ad hoc in such short notice is pretty naive on their part. The best you can do is to let them know the orders that you have gathered by the end of the month and also let them know that they have a competitor breathing down their throat. If this does not get their attention and they are not willing to be flexible then this part of their business module is not on their radar screen and just let it go. Raising the price for a smaller volume is a deal killer. Sell it and do your best and let the chips fall where they may.

The fact that you got this far is truly remarkable.

Cheers!

I've reserved one of Mr. Droluk's 5x7 cameras, and I figure that I'll get the camera and the holders, without which the camera is not viable, when both are ready. Maybe July, maybe August. Maybe even early fall. They've already got a few cameras under their belt, and so I'm pretty confident that it will happen, and within a reasonable time.