Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5x7 Holders

5x7 Holders

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone, between a fast trip to the US and the flu I have been somewhat behind in everything.

After talking with the rep, I have a pretty good idea of what the pricing will be and honestly its not cheap. Based upon the level on initial interest, at todays exchange rate, the holders are about 87.50 a holder. Part of the reasons are new tool up costs, creation of new molds and other assorted items necessary to make the holders.

The 87.50 (it will change with the exchange rate) is based upon the inital level of interest, which is 508 holders. (Yes its that high). However, if the level of interest drops then the price per holder will rise, but how much I dont know.

I know that according to his post, Paul Droluk and Fotoman about to market holders, at a rather lower price point, which will make this look alot less attractive to many people and thats not a problem, as long as somebody makes the holders.

So my question to everybody is this, at this pricing point is there enough interest to continue pursuing this or not? Also, it seems that the rep said they were surprised at at the level of interest and depending upon the out come of things, may market these holders themselves.

To me as long as new holders are made, regardless of whethers it this order, Fotoman or a bunch of elves at the North Pole, is the important thing.

Thanks again.

Gary

Re: 5x7 Holders

I want the holders made and the 5x7 format to survive, but that is 1/3 the cost of my camera! I guess I will continue using my old wooden holders for a while longer.

I'm just trying to get into 5x7 so I will take my stated 20 units.

Bill

Gary, hate to say it but at 87.50 I have no interest at all. Especially when the "rather lower price point" being offered by Fotoman is less tha $50. Fotoman's other products are all very well made and I would expect the same from their film holders. Finally, now that there is a real price I wonder what fraction of the original 508 holders will remain and what that will then do to the price?

Gary: I'm still interested in 6. Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Gary, hate to say it but at 87.50 I have no interest at all. Especially when the "rather lower price point" being offered by Fotoman is less tha $50. Fotoman's other products are all very well made and I would expect the same from their film holders. Finally, now that there is a real price I wonder what fraction of the original 508 holders will remain and what that will then do to the price?

Ted,

I dont blame you at all. This is quite a bit higher than I orginally suspected. I think part of it is artifical. In that I really sense they are going to bring them to market themselves, and the high price might be a way get this order to fall through.

If Paul can bring holders out at nearly half the price, he will have my support. But if there is still enough interest I will continue to pursue this.

Thanks!

Gary

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Gary, hate to say it but at 87.50 I have no interest at all. Especially when the "rather lower price point" being offered by Fotoman is less tha $50.
    I'll have to agree with this - $87.50 buys a lot of used 13x18cm holders. which I find I use more.

Scott Davis

At that price, I'm also not in. One wonders at the inner workings of the corporate mind, but if they are planning to market them themselves, you wonder why they'd go and quote such a high price to start. If anything, I'd think they should lowball this offer, and get a bunch of folks to buy them, then when they use them and like them and come back for more, then crank up the price. But hey, I'm not a CEO, obviously for some reason.

Gary, personal thanks to you for getting this ball rolling. I'm going to drop out of the Toyo buy and go with Fotoman instead. Price, while certainly always a consideration, is not the determining factor. Rather, it was Paul Droluk's personal assurance to me that his product will not give off the terrible stench (aromatic-benzene?) that recent production Toyo holders do which changed my mind.

Gary, before we all forget ..... many many thanks to you for getting this ball rolling. Paul Drulok reads this list regularly and your efforts certainly must have helped to crystallize his thoughts. A good deed indeed.