Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linhof Technorama 612 vs. ALPA 12 for reportage hand-held?

Re: Linhof Technorama 612 vs. ALPA 12 for reportage hand-held?

Henry, have you actually seen and and held and used a Fotoman? I ask because I was very surprised when i saw and hefted one for the first time. They have among the best git and finish of any product I have ever seen coming out of China. I'm not even sure that of the Alpa or Linhof is better, just different ... well maybe better bu tlook at the difference in price points. I don't imagine a European or Japanese product at the same price or even double the price of the Fotoman would be much different.

BTW, another superb performer that no one has mentioned is the Plaubel Proshift 6x9. If I ever saw one of those avaiable for under $1500 I grab it.

Henry, have you actually seen and and held and used a Fotoman? I ask because I was very surprised when i saw and hefted one for the first time. They have among the best git and finish of any product I have ever seen coming out of China. I'm not even sure that of the Alpa or Linhof is better, just different ... well maybe better bu tlook at the difference in price points. I don't imagine a European or Japanese product at the same price or even double the price of the Fotoman would be much different.

BTW, another superb performer that no one has mentioned is the Plaubel Proshift 6x9. If I ever saw one of those avaiable for under $1500 I grab it.

Or you could just wait for the new handheld Arca Swiss due to be released when -Arca wants...

The Fotoman is certainly as well built as my swiss and german photo equipment. You wont encourage the European Companies to stay in business by purchasing used equipment either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post

Not quite in your price but...
    https://secure.ffordes.com/index.htm

If one wanted to have rangefinder focusing, there is also the option of the Linhof Technika 23 V, with 55 and 120 mm lenses and a 6X9 back...