Thread: Slovenia in June photo tour

Slovenia in June photo tour

I'll be co-leading a photo tour in Slovenian alps together with British photographer Guy Edwardes. And here is a formal anouncement:

Marko Trebusak and professional photographer Guy Edwardes invite you to discover Slovenia, a spectacular region of Europe where the Alps meet the Mediterranean. Soča valley is located in north west of Slovenia in the hart of Julian Alps massive, where most of the peaks are well above 2000 m, and will be our main object. We’ll photograph Alpine meadows in full bloom against spectacular mountain backdrop, as well as river Soča itself with it’s amazing turquoise colour and many gorges and waterfalls.

Tour takes place between 29th June and 3rd July 2007 and communication language will be English. The cost of the tour is 495 GBP (796 EURO). The price includes all transportation from Ljubljana airport through whole tour and back to Ljubljana airport. It also include four nights hotel accommodation (in single rooms) with breakfast.

Contact details: marko.trebusak@sandoz.com, info@guyedwardes.com, web site www.guyedwardes.com

Re: Slovenia in June photo tour

Have a great time Marko. I'm familiar with the work of Guy Edwardes, I believe his work is all small format digital and not Large Format.

Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Have a great time Marko. I'm familiar with the work of Guy Edwardes, I believe his work is all small format digital and not Large Format.
    Yes, the photos on his site appear to be small format digital. Hoping to go to Slovenia this year or next...if I can find a way to safely pack the 11x14 I'll take it with me. Otherwise I'll have to buy or rent a 5x7. (Preferably buy, but my wife's patience is not limitless...)

--A

Robert, you are right. Guy's work is small and medium format, and recently digital, but all of my work is film, and most of it large format. We'll not limit our participants to specific kind of equipment, but I'll make sure that everyone will have enough time for his/her photography.

Alec, you are most wellcome. If you have problems with taking your camera to airplane, you can sed it to my address via DHL, FedEx or something similar.

Marko

Alec--I think I've found the right sort of case for checking an 11x14" on a plane and generally transporting one around town, but it's not cheap. Go to the B&H website and look at cases for carrying a Mac G5 computer from Tenba and Lightware. These are really well made and big enough for an 11x14" camera. I'm partial to Lightware, but Tenba makes one with wheels that looks great. I saw the Tenba cases at PMA.

Wow, thanks David...these are great! I remeasured my camera this AM and it seems to be 20 1/4 x 18 1/2 x 8 1/2 so it JUST fits. That's the best fit! I would still worry about giving it to an airport luggage handler though, wouldn't you? When you saw them did you feel it would take that kind of abuse?

Maybe the thing to do would be to take out the ground glass and pack it separately....

--A

I'd be nervous about it, but the Tenba cases are designed for shipment and look like they could handle it. I haven't seen the Lightware case, but other ones I've seen are very well made.