Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Winging it with the Epson v750

Confidently Agnostic!

Re: Winging it with the Epson v750

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    That's a little like saying that melting ice cubes means throwing them over the fence.

When you toss a sponge in water, it soaks up water and swells up... is it dissolved in the process?
    I didn't make the original statement about dissolving. I just read it as "hydrating", because from a molecular standpoint the processes are pretty similar (with the trivial exception that your solute (in this case, collagen-like protein strands aka gelatin) is heavily crosslinked and therefore not free to start diffusing away from the substrate / film base). The point is that a hydrophobic solvent would be a good choice if you want to avoid swelling (dissolving, hydrating, softening, whatever you want to call it) of the emulsion.

I agree with the next post though; I'm not even sure why I'm participating in this thread. I have no real position on this matter. Do what you will

Re: Winging it with the Epson v750

Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    I didn't make the original statement about dissolving. I just read it as "hydrating", because from a molecular standpoint the processes are pretty similar (with the trivial exception that your solute (in this case, collagen-like protein strands aka gelatin) is heavily crosslinked and therefore not free to start diffusing away from the substrate / film base). The point is that a hydrophobic solvent would be a good choice if you want to avoid swelling (dissolving, hydrating, softening, whatever you want to call it) of the emulsion.
    The only reason I raised that point is that dissolving the emulsion would be a one-way process. Hydrating it is not, even though it does apparently make the emulsion software and therefore easier to damage.

I agree with the next post though; I'm not even sure why I'm participating in this thread. I have no real position on this matter. Do what you will
    It's more fun than working?