Thread: scanning software for screen DT-SI045AI

scanning software for screen DT-SI045AI

this is a long shot i know...

one the repro houses where i work have managed to get acceptable results scanning negatives on a "screen DT-SI045AI". however the software is about 10 years out of date and the crudest most ugly thing i've seen in at least a decade.

do any of you gurus out there have any ideas if this machine can be supported by silverfast of anything similar?

i'd be very grateful for any help or ideas, thanks

adrian

Re: scanning software for screen DT-SI045AI

The current Screen software is Color Genius and Color Genius EX. For the most part Screen has kept their older machines forward compatible in terms of software or at least reasonably so. Since it is -15 F right now I am sitting in my breakfast room writing and all my detailed info is in my studio in another building. You can call Kristian at Screen USA in IL and she can give you the coordinates to the download site for the most current hardware that will work with that machine. If that doesn't work send me an email and I will get the coordinates for you but will ot be able to do it until Sunday or Monday as I am off to do some work in Maine in a few hours.

It would also help if you could give me some info on the software that the machine is currently running and the version. You will need a legitimate copy of the software installed with a serial number on your computer or an upgrade won't work. Cost of the software if you have to buy it is ~ $2500. I dodn't kow the cost if it is runing pre Color Genius software but that has been current in one version or aother since sometime in the late 1990's.

BTW, I use the software on my Screen Cezanne and am happy to help you with it. It is generally considered to b the most powerful scanning software on the market today.

Re: scanning software for screen DT-SI045AI

hey ted! that's a great help, i spoke to kristian and unfortunatly we have the latest software for this model... it only runs on mac os 8.6...

so i think we are going to have to live with it!

thanks anyway, i appreciate your help.

adrian