Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TOYO 45 ARII specs and info needed?

TOYO 45 ARII specs and info needed?

I've been looking all over the place for some info on a camera that I'm being told is called a toyo 45 ARII field camera. But of all the toyo field cameras, I've never heard of it. All I can think of is I was told the wrong model and its suppose to be an AII. Am I wrong? Also, it has a rotating back, which is what makes me believe it's the A2.

Re: TOYO 45 ARII specs and info needed?

It's an AII.

Actually it is an A. You must be referring to the ad on eBay. I saw it and sent a note to the seller but he hasn't changed the title or the description. Note that it says "A" on the bottom name plate and it has the plastic rather than the rubber coated knobs. I'd be very leary of this machine based on the seller's lack of interest in making clear what he is selling now that he knows ... he did acknowledge receipt of my email.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Actually it is an A. You must be referring to the ad on eBay. I saw it and sent a note to the seller but he hasn't changed the title or the description. Note that it says "A" on the bottom name plate and it has the plastic rather than the rubber coated knobs. I'd be very leary of this machine based on the seller's lack of interest in making clear what he is selling now that he knows ... he did acknowledge receipt of my email.
    Haven't we heard about this one on LF before? It seems to be a combination of a 45A and a 45AII. The rotating back is from the AII.

Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Haven't we heard about this one on LF before? It seems to be a combination of a 45A and a 45AII. The rotating back is from the AII.

Actually, while this is usually true, I have seen a quite a few 45As with a rotating back. I am not sure if it was an optional item or Toyo just installed them for a while as a normal accessory.

Hope it helps.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Smith View Post
    Actually, while this is usually true, I have seen a quite a few 45As with a rotating back. I am not sure if it was an optional item or Toyo just installed them for a while as a normal accessory.

Hope it helps.

Gary
    Perhaps, it was a Japan only model. The main difference between the 45A and the 45AII is the rotating back.

I found the eBay ad, if this is the same camera we are talking about. It is a 45A, not a 45AII. This does not have the revolving back, it has the reversible back. The revolving back has a little push button on the upper top left hand corner; you press this button and turn the back. The seller's writeup doesn't match with the picture.

Well how hard is it to take the back off to rotate 45a? Any harder then a linhof Technikardan? Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by chiphoto View Post
    Well how hard is it to take the back off to rotate 45a? Any harder then a linhof Technikardan? Thanks for all the help.
    It isn't very hard, with the standard Graflox back. I can't tell you how to do it, since I have the 45AII model. Also, the one you are looking could be an early model, or a Japan only model, it is hard to tell from the pictures. Both cameras, at least in their current form are supposed to be identical, with the exception of the revolving back. See these two links:

http://www.toyoview.com/Products/45AX/45AX.html

http://www.toyoview.com/Products/45AII/45AII.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Smith View Post

Hope it helps.

Gary
    The late model Toyo 45A's had the rotating back. I think it was produced with the rotating back from the mid eighties.