Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lg format & digital partnership

lg format & digital partnership

I currently use a leaf aptus 22 on my H-1. I would like to hear about any recommended lg format compatibility.i'm aware of "capture group"and their adapters.I was thinking of a arca swiss 6x9 view camera. any sugestions?by the way i'm new here so a big hello to everyone.

Confidently Agnostic!

Re: lg format & digital partnership

I think there's a hasselblad arcbody on ebay right now. I don't know if you can use that with your aptus or not.

Shouldn't this be in the Digital Hardware subcategory?

OK, did you see where i said i'm new to this websight, if it is in the wrong area then move it. sorry for that. Because i,m looking for a large format camera to use with my digi back i thought that this would be the correct place to post and see what other shooters are using.

Quote Originally Posted by motom View Post
    OK, did you see where i said i'm new to this websight, if it is in the wrong area then move it. sorry for that. Because i,m looking for a large format camera to use with my digi back i thought that this would be the correct place to post and see what other shooters are using.
    No problem, the moderators will make the call. The reason that it is important, is that some of us filter out all the digital forums.

I currently use a leaf aptus 22 on my H-1. I would like to hear about any recommended lg format compatibility.i'm aware of "capture group"and their adapters.I was thinking of a arca swiss 6x9 view camera. any sugestions?by the way i'm new here so a big hello to everyone.
    I've also thought about the possibility of using one of these backs on a 6x9 view camera. It sounds like it may have the potential of a good marriage of digital backs and that format.

And BTW, I think the question is a good one and an appropriate one to consider.

Best,

Don Bryant

It would probably be helpful to know what the shortest focal length is that you plan to use. Then you'd want to know how much (unwanted) extension the Kapture Group adapter adds. And then it would be good to know if you need substantial lens tilt too with that shortest focal length.

Having said that, The Arca is one of the finest 6x9 around and the wide angle capability is very good but you need to answer the above questions to yourself before you can be sure.

so is anyone out there using lg format with a medium format(i.e. leaf aptus 22) digital back?

I can't speak to the Leaf Aptus backs but I can to the Phase One backs. I know several photographers who use a Phase One H20 back on a 4x5 rail camera and one who is currently considering having an adaptor made to use his on a Toyo AII.

so is anyone out there using lg format with a medium format(i.e. leaf aptus 22) digital back?
    I am using an Arca Swiss 6x9 micrometric with Orbix & Aptus 22 back