Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any news on Microtek Artixscan M1?

Re: Any news on Microtek Artixscan M1?

Here is what their site says:

Upon receipt of your order, we will contact our suppliers to confirm stock and cost. We work hard to keep our web site updated, but if there has been an increase or mistake in the cost of the product or in the shipping cost, we will probably cancel your order and send you an email asking you if you want the product at the new price.

Doug Dolde

I just got lucky and found a 2500F for $500 in near perfect condition with all accessories and software. I'm anxious for it to arrive.

My Epson 4990 will be heading for Ebay very soon (or maybe I will list it here first). Ironic but I just bought one of Doug Fisher's new wet/dry mount film holder kits for the Epson and haven't even had a chance to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dolde View Post
    I just got lucky and found a 2500F for $500 in near perfect condition with all accessories and software. I'm anxious for it to arrive.

My Epson 4990 will be heading for Ebay very soon (or maybe I will list it here first). Ironic but I just bought one of Doug Fisher's new wet/dry mount film holder kits for the Epson and haven't even had a chance to use it.
    You won't be disappointed with the 2500f "IF" you use Microteks scanner software, or Silverfast. The scanner does not perform well with Vuescan for me. You can download the current version of the Microtek scanner software for this scanner and your computer platform at the Microtek website. (free download)

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Assuming it isn't an old listing and they really have them in stock. If they do I will likely buy one
    to use in our workshops. Has anyone called them?
    Did you have any luck Ted? I placed an order on the 11th, and after chasing them they promised to give me a firm yes or no by the 18th, but no news yet.

Best,
    Helen

Helen, frankly after my initial look at their webs ite I haen't had a chance to follow through ... too busy. I will try and call them Monday but am very skeptical. Similar to a company whose name escapes me that was still listing Ektapan 5x7 film in stock as recently as last year, some 5 years after Kodak had discontinued same.

Ted, on Microteck's site this morning:

Note: "Our press release on October 24, 2006, stated that we expected to release the Microtek ArtixScan M1 scanner in February 2007. We now expect to begin production at the end of May and deliver the scanner to stores in the United States in early July. We appreciate your interest and apologize for this delay."

Yeah ...... I know. They really blew it on this one. I was too flat out busy to post last week.

It's listed in B&H's new catalogue that came in the mail yesterday.

If I may jump in. While we're talking about the M1...

Any word on the M1's optical density? I haven't seen any info on this and wondered if it might compare to the 1800f's advertised depth of 4.8. Thought you insider types may know.

1800f's advertised depth of 4.8.
    Owned a few, a good scanner, slightly better in some ways than the best Epsons, but maybe about half that max. Like the Epsons, on the MTK 1800f OD max is grossly exaggerated.

Don't expect anything more than an incremental improvement over earlier scanners. I have owned 3200, 4870, 4990, V750 Pro, Canon 9950F, Microtek 1800f. Each was only a slight improvement over the last generation of existing prosumer flatbed scanners. From Epson 3200 to V750 is a big leap, but 3200 to 4870 to 4990 to V750 was just incremental each time.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"