Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bella Italia

Re: Bella Italia

Visit a fisher village of Castellammare del Golfo and take a boat trip from there to San Vito lo Capo, and then head for Trapani... You won't regret (or at least, when I get back to Sicily some day, I hope to make this trip again with my camera )
    Last edited by Jiri Vasina; 10-Feb-2007 at 04:01. Reason: spelling correction
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Ciao Don,

I second the opinions of the people who have suggested you to remain in Sicily. As a matter of fact, this is one of the most beautiful regions in my country and two weeks are definitely not sufficient to see all the beautiful monuments and places of the island. Moerover, moving to Puglia and/or the Naples area would be time extremely consuming. Knowing Sicily, the best thing you can do is to rent a car at the end of your trip and visit the countryside and the places that you could not cover with the organised tour. My wife and me are from the Northern side but our best friends are from Palermo so, if you need some advice about restaurants do not esitate to contact us. Believe me that this will be the trip of your life (under the gastronomic, human and photographic point of view).

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. We probably will spend a few days in Taormina and then somewhere else in Sicily, we haven't decided where yet. As our organised tour appears to be fairly comprehensive we should be able to pick out some areas that we would want to return to to photograph under the proper light and weather conditions. I'm hoping that the almond trees around the Greek ruins will be in bloom while we are there. Ciao Baby!

One more note, Don - it's where the organized tour won't take you that you can discover Sicily hidden to tourist herds but not less beautiful and true. Take your camera there too...